[JOB] Senior User Experience Designer at Yamaha R&D Centre London - Full Time.
27 Nov 2007 - 10:07am
Yamaha Corporation is seeking a Senior User Experience Designer to work
within their London R&D Centre designing innovative, high-quality,
rich-client application user interfaces for their next generation of
software applications and online music services.
The ideal candidate will be part visual designer, part interaction
designer, part information architect, and part usability guru whilst at
all times remaining fully committed to creating superior user
experiences for Yamaha customers.
* Work with internal teams and external stakeholders to translate
project requirements into compelling, highly usable user interface
* Lead the user interface design phases of development projects in
coordination with graphic designers and software engineers.
* Create innovative, state of the art, attractive user interfaces for a
variety of applications.
* Develop usability procedures and user interface design and
* Manage user studies, qualitative research and usability reviews.
* Represent user needs through-out the project life-cycle.
* Create interactive prototypes, information architecture models and
* Continually innovate and push for advancement within the R&D Centre.
* Promote a constructive environment for exploration of creative design
* Occasional international travel to elicit requirements, liaise with
stakeholders, and evangelise usability and high quality user interface
* Five or more years performing experience design and creating web or
desktop based interfaces.
* Portfolio that demonstrates experience of working on a broad range of
interface solutions targeted at mass-market consumers.
* Formal design training.
* Proven ability to meet deadlines and satisfy project requirements.
* Ability to operate efficiently within a strong process environment.
* Sensitivity to corporate brand considerations.
* Excellent communication and collaborative skills.
* Application user interface development experience.
* Formal background in HCI, information architecture, communications
design, product design or similar discipline.
* Membership of BCS-HCI, IxDA, IAI, IID, SIGCHI (ACM), SIGHCI (AIS), UPA
or other recognised usability/interaction organisation.
* Knowledge of the music technology sector.
Please e-mail your curriculum vitae along with portfolio and/or URLs of
work samples to apply at yamaha.co.uk
This e-mail has been scanned for all viruses by Star. The
service is powered by MessageLabs. For more information on a proactive
anti-virus service working around the clock, around the globe, visit: http://www.star.net.uk