Job # User Experience Designer # Boston, Ma # Full Time # Eilab Inc.
21 Dec 2007 - 12:13pm
User Experience Designer
Reports to Art/Creative Director, Creative Services.
The user experience designer architects, produces, and tests user interface
concepts and initiatives, serving multiple internal and external customers
in a fast-paced, evolving company. Personally, s/he will be easily liked and
respected with a natural warmth and sense of humor that invites interaction.
S/he will exhibit the integrity and values that are the extension of those
of the company: accessible, credible, team-oriented, organized, energetic,
service and customer driven. Must be willing and able to mentor and support
fellow team members.
This position requires both the ability to architect, plan, and
usability-test interface web-based interface solutions, as well as hands-on
skills to produce and implement those UI solutions. The candidate should
enjoy the full lifecycle process for all of these elements of UI
Candidates should submit a portfolio of implemented solutions, to be
considered for this position.
- Hands-on CSS, XHTML, AJAX, DHTML, and Flex experience required
- Experience using Visio and Photoshop to create flow charts and
- 6+ years as an interactive designer for e-commerce/web
- Ability to design/create/optimize graphical assets, typography, and
- Experiencing producing audio and video media for streaming user
- Prior experience with wireframing and rapid prototype design
- PHP or other open source experience desirable
- Strong analytical and process-oriented problem-solving skills
- Expert knowledge of interface design standards and best practices
- Strong grounding in user-centered design theory and practice
- Experience customizing interfaces for open source frameworks
- Experience building user-centric communities such as blogs, wikis,
user profiles, chat, and other.
- Experience and comfort working with back end developers of scalable
- Experience designing, implementing, and validating interface
solutions with high degrees of usability and intuitivity
- Demonstrated ability to develop new skills and self-driven learner
- Prior startup or small business experience preferred
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial Design, Graphic Design, Behavioral
Sciences, Human Factors/Ergonomics, Computer Science, User
Interface/Interaction Design or related field is required
Please note that due to the volume of resumes received, only the most
qualified candidates will be contacted. Please email your resume to: eilabcareers at icseilab.com