[JOB] Information Architect, Los Angeles, BLITZ Agency, Full-Time
21 Dec 2007 - 6:28pm
BLITZ Agency is looking for an Information Architect who is passionate about building great user experiences and committed to client success. The candidate we seek will hit the ground running and possess a strong interpersonal dynamic and energy level to match. As a member of the User Experience community, the Information Architect will:
* Work with multidisciplinary teams to create smart, innovative online solutions for our clients.
* Provide data driven insights into customer behavior and an actionable plan for meeting user needs online.
* Champion process and methodology as well as research and evangelize the latest tools, best practices and trends that relate to the field.
Reporting to the Director of User Experience, day-to-day responsibilities include:
* Generate project requirements definition by leading client working sessions, reviewing the competitive landscape, and participating in creative brainstorming sessions with the project team.
* Lead user personae research and documentation.
* Define functionality, content, navigation, and interaction models through page level wireframes, site-maps, process flowcharts, use cases, and content matrices.
* Present deliverables and recommendations to clients and lead related meetings.
* Contribute to the development of content/data models, nomenclature and taxonomies.
* Design, develop and conduct usability tests to validate information architecture and design.
* Contribute to the overall strategic direction and vision of projects, making positive contributions in a tightly-knit, multidisciplinary team environment.
Bachelor's degree preferred in design-related discipline: Interaction, Information or Interface design; Human-Computer Interaction; Communications.
* 3+ years of industry experience
* Candidates must be well-versed in user-centered design methods and techniques
* Proficient to expert in: Visio, PowerPoint, Photoshop
* Must have been in a client-facing role and have project experience working with teams on large scale, long-term projects
* Excellent analytical and process-oriented skills
* Excellent verbal and written skills
* Experience in working on multiple projects simultaneously
* Prior experience in a consulting firm or interactive agency preferred