JOB: Manager, User Experience - A leading internet company, New York City, Recruiter, Full Time
2 Jan 2008 - 2:43pm
Title: Manager, User Experience
Location: New York City
Compensation: high 100's to 200K + bonus + stock
Team: 12-15 people
A leading Internet company is searching for a User Experience Manager to
lead a multidisciplinary team comprised of Interaction Designers, Visual
Designers, Web Developers, and User Researchers. The UX Manager will be
responsible for the overall planning, execution, and success of the
projects that he or she will oversee. This person will need to build
strong, credible relationships within the group and across departments
and regions. Excellent people management/leadership skills accompanied
with expert communication skills to positively influence teams is
* Manage a user experience team to deliver usable, useful, and
compelling designs for a key products.
* Effectively integrate the user experience disciplines together and
allow for tight collaboration and a seamless hand-off of deliverables.
* Define and drive a guiding vision for user experience
products/projects under your purview.
* Ability to work closely with leads in PM and Engineering.
* Scope project needs and staff appropriately based on priorities.
* Uphold guiding principles and style in project execution.
* Management experience: Minimum 7-10 years experience with at least 5
years leading a multidisciplinary user experience team.
* User-centered experience: Expert understanding of web design with
excellent design sensibilities. Drives human-centered innovation and
product design with insights and inspiration from user research. Must
have experience shipping products. Must understand and evangelize
user-centered design and product development processes with sensitivity
to business leaders and stakeholders, and use these effectively.
* Communication: Strong oral communication skills, excellent
interpersonal skills, able to collaborate and negotiate effectively in a
cross-functional team. Must be able to articulate and advocate design
rationale. Must be able to establish credibility with engineers, PMs,
* Leadership: Must be able to motivate and inspire people and make tough
decisions when necessary in a timely manner. Proven track record of
rallying people behind a vision and make concepts tangible.
* Education: College and/or advanced degree(s) in Computer Science,
Graphic Design, Industrial Design, HCI, Product Design, Interaction
Design, Information Design, Cognitive Psychology, or related field.
**With the holidays and end of year approaching, the start date for this
position will be early next year.
If you feel that you are qualified for this position, please email me a
Word doc or PDF version of your resume and link to your portfolio.
Candidates must provide a portfolio, including examples of interactive
and application work and must be authorized to work in the United States
on a full-time basis for any employer.
*Resumes submitted without a portfolio will not be reviewed.
*Not all resumes will receive a response.
*If you know of someone who you would like to refer for this position,
please have him or her email me directly and mention your name. If you
would like to refer someone confidentially, please mention this in your
email. I can pay a $1,000 - 3,000 referral fee for each hired candidate.*