Twitter IxDA

15 Jan 2008 - 6:27pm
6 years ago
11 replies
589 reads
Todd Warfel
2003

Is there a Twitter group for IxDA.

Okay, don't laugh, I just signed up today and am not quite sure how
the whole thing works :).

Cheers!

Todd Zaki Warfel
President, Design Researcher
Messagefirst | Designing Information. Beautifully.
----------------------------------
Contact Info
Voice: (215) 825-7423
Email: todd at messagefirst.com
AIM: twarfel at mac.com
Blog: http://toddwarfel.com
----------------------------------
In theory, theory and practice are the same.
In practice, they are not.

Comments

15 Jan 2008 - 7:11pm
Christian Crumlish
2006

twitter doesn't have a group model yet, but there are a lot of twitter
users that are in fact enttities (so ixda could have a twitter
acct)....

On Jan 15, 2008 3:27 PM, Todd Zaki Warfel <lists at toddwarfel.com> wrote:
> Is there a Twitter group for IxDA.
>
> Okay, don't laugh, I just signed up today and am not quite sure how
> the whole thing works :).
>
>

15 Jan 2008 - 7:16pm
Todd Warfel
2003

How would that work? I saw one for MacWorld today. Can multiple people
twitter on it?

On Jan 15, 2008, at 7:11 PM, Christian Crumlish wrote:

> twitter doesn't have a group model yet, but there are a lot of twitter
> users that are in fact enttities (so ixda could have a twitter
> acct)....

Cheers!

Todd Zaki Warfel
President, Design Researcher
Messagefirst | Designing Information. Beautifully.
----------------------------------
Contact Info
Voice: (215) 825-7423
Email: todd at messagefirst.com
AIM: twarfel at mac.com
Blog: http://toddwarfel.com
----------------------------------
In theory, theory and practice are the same.
In practice, they are not.

15 Jan 2008 - 7:24pm
Bill DeRouchey
2010

You can follow interaction08 on Twitter for the latest news on the
upcoming IxDA conference. I imagine it will get a lot busier over the
next three weeks, be feverish for a week, and then slow back down
after that.

On Jan 15, 2008 4:11 PM, Christian Crumlish <xian at pobox.com> wrote:
> twitter doesn't have a group model yet, but there are a lot of twitter
> users that are in fact enttities (so ixda could have a twitter
> acct)....
>
> On Jan 15, 2008 3:27 PM, Todd Zaki Warfel <lists at toddwarfel.com> wrote:
> > Is there a Twitter group for IxDA.
> >
> > Okay, don't laugh, I just signed up today and am not quite sure how
> > the whole thing works :).

15 Jan 2008 - 7:27pm
Christian Crumlish
2006

On Jan 15, 2008 4:16 PM, Todd Zaki Warfel <lists at toddwarfel.com> wrote:
> How would that work?

More or less the same way individual accounts do, although I don't
think you can use a single email address for multiple twitter
accounts.

I saw one for MacWorld today. Can multiple people
> twitter on it?

I don't see why not. At SxSW last year, there was a user you could
follow and be followed by that aggregated all involved tweets and then
displayed them on monitors in the hallways.

--xian
--
Christian Crumlish http://xianlandia.com
Yahoo! pattern detective http://developer.yahoo.com/ypatterns
IA Institute director of technology http://iainstitute.org

15 Jan 2008 - 9:12pm
Robert Hoekman, Jr.
2005

> How would that work? I saw one for MacWorld today. Can multiple people
> twitter on it?

Conferences sometimes set up Twitter feeds for the conference as a whole,
and then display the feeds of anyone who follows it on panels around the
event hall. This is the case at SxSW as well.

-r-

15 Jan 2008 - 11:51pm
Dave Malouf
2005

A few things ... more officially:
The conference twitter id is at http://twitter.com/interaction08

right now that ID is set up as a regular ID. Conference staff who
have access can post with that ID and notifications go to followers
and to the public stream.

Once the conference starts (or that week), we will initiate what
Twitter calls "the back channel". Anyone who sends a direct message
to our ID "interaction08" (you do this by typing "d [id name]"
where you would normally type your update) will be sending a
notification to everyone who is following, in essence a group twitter
ID. These however have the flaw of not being part of the name RSS feed
from what I can tell, but they should be part of the "direct
messages" feed/stream.

Onto Robert's post. We will be having panels about the conference,
and during intermissions in the session spaces that display not only
the twitter stream, but also the flickr and various crowdvine streams
as well.

-- dave

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Posted from the new ixda.org
http://www.ixda.org/discuss?post=24584

16 Jan 2008 - 11:46am
Charles Adler
2008

As I recall from SXSW last year, the way it worked was you would send
a public message to the SXSW account (ie: type "@sxsw") and that
was posted to the large LCD screens. This enabled distinction between
proper SXSW message and those just posting to SXSW.

Make sense?

But thanks for the note on "interaction08". I'll follow.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Posted from the new ixda.org
http://www.ixda.org/discuss?post=24584

16 Jan 2008 - 1:55pm
Christian Crumlish
2006

On Tue, 15 Jan 2008 20:51:30, dave malouf <dave at ixda.org> wrote:
>
> Once the conference starts (or that week), we will initiate what
> Twitter calls "the back channel". Anyone who sends a direct message
> to our ID "interaction08" (you do this by typing "d [id name]"
> where you would normally type your update) will be sending a
> notification to everyone who is following, in essence a group twitter
> ID.

Really? That's sort of an odd behavior.

-x-

16 Jan 2008 - 3:13pm
Dave Malouf
2005

Christin, it is non-standard. The Twitter folks have to turn it on for
you.
It might be the @ID thing that Charles mentioned, but I could have
sworn the other thing. We'll know when we turn on the switch.
-- dave

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Posted from the new ixda.org
http://www.ixda.org/discuss?post=24584

16 Jan 2008 - 3:53pm
Christian Crumlish
2006

interesting. well i look forward to seeing how it works in Savannah!

-x-

On Wed, 16 Jan 2008 12:13:00, dave malouf <dave at ixda.org> wrote:
> Christian, it is non-standard. The Twitter folks have to turn it on for
> you.
> It might be the @ID thing that Charles mentioned, but I could have
> sworn the other thing. We'll know when we turn on the switch.
> -- dave
>
>
>
> . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
> Posted from the new ixda.org
> http://www.ixda.org/discuss?post=24584
>
>
> ________________________________________________________________
> *Come to IxDA Interaction08 | Savannah*
> February 8-10, 2008 in Savannah, GA, USA
> Register today: http://interaction08.ixda.org/
>
> ________________________________________________________________
> Welcome to the Interaction Design Association (IxDA)!
> To post to this list ....... discuss at ixda.org
> Unsubscribe ................ http://www.ixda.org/unsubscribe
> List Guidelines ............ http://www.ixda.org/guidelines
> List Help .................. http://www.ixda.org/help
>

--
Christian Crumlish http://xianlandia.com
Yahoo! pattern detective http://developer.yahoo.com/ypatterns
IA Institute director of technology http://iainstitute.org

18 Jan 2008 - 10:57pm
Nicholas Frota
2007

it's possible to add a twit to a group by writing a specific code to it...
like #ixda
to join the "group", the member just have to "track ixda" then all new twits
with that term will appear to him/her, either you follow or not the author.

Nicholas Frota
UI Designer
New York, NY
http://blog.nonlinear.cc/tag/interface/

On Jan 16, 2008 3:53 PM, Christian Crumlish <xian at pobox.com> wrote:

> interesting. well i look forward to seeing how it works in Savannah!
>
> -x-
>
> On Wed, 16 Jan 2008 12:13:00, dave malouf <dave at ixda.org> wrote:
> > Christian, it is non-standard. The Twitter folks have to turn it on for
> > you.
> > It might be the @ID thing that Charles mentioned, but I could have
> > sworn the other thing. We'll know when we turn on the switch.
> > -- dave
> >
> >
> >
> > . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
> > Posted from the new ixda.org
> > http://www.ixda.org/discuss?post=24584
> >
> >
> > ________________________________________________________________
> > *Come to IxDA Interaction08 | Savannah*
> > February 8-10, 2008 in Savannah, GA, USA
> > Register today: http://interaction08.ixda.org/
> >
> > ________________________________________________________________
> > Welcome to the Interaction Design Association (IxDA)!
> > To post to this list ....... discuss at ixda.org
> > Unsubscribe ................ http://www.ixda.org/unsubscribe
> > List Guidelines ............ http://www.ixda.org/guidelines
> > List Help .................. http://www.ixda.org/help
> >
>
>
>
> --
> Christian Crumlish http://xianlandia.com
> Yahoo! pattern detective http://developer.yahoo.com/ypatterns
> IA Institute director of technology http://iainstitute.org
> ________________________________________________________________
> *Come to IxDA Interaction08 | Savannah*
> February 8-10, 2008 in Savannah, GA, USA
> Register today: http://interaction08.ixda.org/
>
> ________________________________________________________________
> Welcome to the Interaction Design Association (IxDA)!
> To post to this list ....... discuss at ixda.org
> Unsubscribe ................ http://www.ixda.org/unsubscribe
> List Guidelines ............ http://www.ixda.org/guidelines
> List Help .................. http://www.ixda.org/help
>

Syndicate content Get the feed