JOB (Waltham MA) for junior/mid-level Web designer
28 Jan 2008 - 10:57am
Come work with me! Lime Brokerage is looking to hire a full-time Web
designer. You'll likely own the corporate Web site and work with me
on the design aspects of new online products. Lime Brokerage is
growing rapidly and expects to roll out new online products this year
and for many years to come.
What I'm looking for is someone with a better eye for visual design
than I have. My own expertise is in the usability arena, and not so
much in graphics. You'll also be working with the Web teams so a
solid grounding in DHTML/CSS is a must. Experience with
applications is also highly desirable. We're targeting a person with
2-5 years' experience for this, but if you have good things to show
we'll look at portfolios from people outside that range.
Relocation is not offered at this time. Salary is competitive, as are benefits.
We're seeking an intelligent and ambitious web designer with
demonstrable industry experience for this exciting position. With the
right qualifications, this is a great opportunity to move into the
financial technology trading sector with a company that is young,
strong and positioned for explosive growth. Lime is currently building
on our world class real-time trading platform by offering a number of
web-based applications on our new web services delivery platform.
You'll take ownership of product visual style and appearance in a team
setting under the direction of experienced technical leaders and help
create new groundbreaking Web 2.0 and AJAX applications for the
financial services industry. This is a great opportunity to be
involved in the full product development cycle from the requirements
stage through testing to deployment. If you're a self-starter,
motivated, passionate and obsessive about technology, Lime is the
place for you.
* Create design prototypes, including graphic design, color and
typographic elements, and layout of content, for all of Lime's web
* Create visual concepts that match the content and the image of Lime Brokerage.
* Build websites using technologies that conform to international
standards and make sure that they are universally accessible.
* Perform maintenance and updates to existing web applications as required.
* Contribute to the overall development of the Web Services platform
from the interface perspective.
* Ensure that the layout of the content is accessible and logical;
recommend improvements if necessary.
* Superior knowledge of current web-design trends and techniques, a
strong online portfolio displaying user-centered design is required.
* Bachelors degree in Fine Arts or other discipline related to the
* Two or more years of experience in web design, of which a minimum of
one year producing table-less, XHTML, standards-compliant cross
browser, and gracefully-degrading code and a minimum of one year
* Advanced knowledge of XHTML, CSS, and of digital imaging and
illustration with Adobe Photoshop, QuarkXPress and Illustrator with
formal training an asset.
exposure to Macromedia Flash.
* Knowledge and demonstrated experience with cross-browser and
cross-platform issues (IE, Firefox, Safari, etc.)
* Very good spoken and written English.
* Attention to detail and creativity in problem-solving.
* Ability to work in a team and to communicate in a clear way.
* Formal training in desktop publishing applications, and photography