JOB: Senior User Interface and Interaction Designer, San Jose, Recruiter, Full Time
29 Jan 2008 - 1:48pm
5 years ago
*Title: Senior User Interface and Interaction Designer
Job Type: Full-Time*
*Location: San Jose, CA*
A rapidly growing, social networking site for teens is seeking a Senior
UI and Interaction Designer to create user-centered design processes to
make a more intuitive, frictionless and cohesive virtual world. Strong
candidates will have experience leading the design for one or more
complex Web-based services and a broad understanding of the methods for
their creation, including participatory design and rapid prototyping.
The ideal candidate must be able to balance multiple projects and still
see the bigger picture to make strategic decisions.
Requirements for this position include a synchronized focus on
conceptual design, detailed design and overall brand awareness, which
should all be based on a passionate interest in and strong grasp of the
site's users. This position offers a combination of hands-on design work
and leadership opportunities.
* Help make the Web site easier and more intuitive (and more fun) to use
* Assess current site features and usage patterns
* Draft high-level user flow and navigation systems
* Create conceptual designs and page functionality and flows
** More than four years of user-interface design experience
* Strong conceptual design, collaborative and organizational skills
* Demonstrated experience in designing simple, usable,
consumer-oriented, Web-based interfaces
* Evidence of exceptional and innovative interface-design work
* Strong understanding of human factors and usability best practices
* Experience with social networking and Web 2.0 applications is a plus
* A strong understanding of visual design and how it can shape and
influence user interfaces
* A basic understanding of how Web-based presentation-layer technologies
work, including DHTML, Flash and AJAX (an ability to write code is not
* Dedication to detail and deadlines
* Able to effectively negotiate interactions between designers and
engineers and to understand both sides
* Enjoys leading and motivating others and being part of a fun-loving,
* M.S. degree in human-computer interaction or related field preferred;
B.S. degree in either Computer Science or Graphic Arts a plus
* Good sense of humor
If you feel that you are qualified for this position, please email me a
Word doc or PDF version of your resume and link to your portfolio.
Candidates must provide a portfolio, including examples of interactive
and application work and must be authorized to work in the United States
on a full-time basis for any employer.
*Resumes submitted without a portfolio will not be reviewed.
*Not all resumes will receive a response.
*If you know of someone who you would like to refer for this position,
please have him or her email me directly and mention your name. If you
would like to refer someone confidentially, please mention this in your
email. I can pay a $1,000 - 3,000 referral fee for each hired candidate.*