job: senior ui designer/San Francisco bay area (mt. view)/fte/intuit
31 Jan 2008 - 10:37pm
Our Mountain View campus has a job opening for a senior user interface designer. If you might be interested in exploring this opportunity with us, please forward your portfolio/work samples to me at nancy_falkenburg at intuit.com
COMPANY NAME: Intuit
COMPANY URL: http://www.intuit.com
JOB LOCATION: Mountain View, CA
JOB TITLE: Senior User Interface designer
JOB DURATION: FTE
Intuit's Small Business Division is looking for a strong designer with skills and experience in UI architecture and interaction design to help design online applications in our payroll organization. Candidates will be able to think in terms of end-to-end UI design, apply strategic thinking and business goals to design work, focus on usability and understand aesthetic values. Candidate will work as a hands-on UI designer and will be responsible for delivering all aspects of design from concept to working with development on implementation
*Produce great design work that shines with simplicity despite complexity of the system.
*Define implementation criteria, guidelines, and specs. Work with other designers, researchers, management, and your group to produce jaw dropping work.
*Turn ideas into amazing design.
*Be both creative and pragmatic.
*Enjoy generating and evangelizing team and product vision and have proven customer affinity and user empathy *Hold direct responsibility for creating the user interface of key customer experiences and projects, concentrating on end-to-end scenarios and top user tasks
* Learn new technology quickly, from the core applications being developed to new design tools
* Be capable of independent design process, project, and schedule management
* Compare and contrast various design solutions, taking technical, resource, and time constraints into account
* Prioritize among competing assignments, features, user tasks and needs
* Illustrate experience in conceptual development and creative prototypes as well as tactical UI design and implementation
* Be tolerant of range of projects, from vague to well-defined, simple to complex, implementation to innovation
* Be a creative problem-solver and an effective communicator, presenter, and negotiator
* Exhibit ability to collaborate with user researchers, UI text writers, peer designers, and art directors; illustrate productive collaboration with other corporate peers and sponsors