JOB - Interation Designer Architect at Carol, Plymouth, MN, full time
1 Feb 2008 - 10:11am
Carol, The Care Marketplace is a venture-backed health care/technology
start-up based in the Twin Cities. Carol is redefining the purchasing
relationship between consumers and health care providers with a
Web-based, retail marketplace in which local health care providers sell
health care services directly to consumers.
You can shop for most products and services. Why not health care?
In most industries, information about services, price, and quality are
clear and available to consumers. But health care has been different-
until now. At Carol, you'll be able to compare and shop for health care
Carol, The Care Marketplace will give consumers open access to services
provided by physicians and other practitioners- in the hospitals,
clinics, and specialty clinics you already use. We work with individual
health insurance plans to give consumers real and estimated costs.
Carol is seeking a creative Interaction Designer/ Architect to design,
create and maintain graphic and interactive architecture for Carol.com
and associated websites. The Carol.com User Experience team strives to
design elegant, useful, and intuitive web interfaces that help customers
research, evaluate and purchase healthcare services online. The
Interaction Designer will specify the interaction model and apply
graphical user interfaces (based on user needs, business requirements
and brand guidelines) to achieve the desired user experience. Ideal
candidates will have experience designing task-oriented interfaces for
data-rich internet applications and have a strong understanding of user
experience best practices.
This role has direct impact through these highly visible
* Prepare, present, maintain all user interface specification
documents consisting of conceptual models, interaction flows,
navigational maps, and wireframes and visual screen designs.
* Synthesize input from product management, engineering, customer
support, customers, and other interaction designers to design and refine
site features, and create wireframes/ storyboards.
* Contribute to and enforce a user interface style guide.
* Collaborate with Business Analysts, Analytics Lead, Marketing
and Shopping/Ecommerce team to deliver effective interactive/design
* Research and propose user-centered design framework for
interactive projects discovery and planning phase. Research and propose
information architecture strategy for the websites.
* Assist QA Lead with test plans. Note areas for user and QA
testing throughout the creation of IA deliverables. Incorporate user
feedback into IA deliverables.
* The ideal candidate will have strong visual design skills and
experience rapidly prototyping visual designs for analyzing large data
* 3+ years in an information design, user interface design, human
factors engineering, or information architect position.
* Experience working with an online transactional/ eCommerce site
* Proven track record developing, delivering, and documenting
high-quality user interface designs.
* Exceptional writing and communication skills.
* Strong understanding of Adobe Flex and/or Adobe Flash are highly
* A Bachelor's degree is required.
* Portfolio Submission of work REQUIRED. Include examples of all
areas of interaction design (user flows, wireframes, and final graphical
Carolites receive a market driven total rewards package, including
competitive pay, insurance coverage, 401(k), flexible scheduling,
development and a great work culture. Carol is an employer that
challenges and rewards it's employees to do something innovative each