JOB: Interaction Designer, SF Bay Area - 30 minutes from SF, Recruiter, Full Time
20 Feb 2008 - 5:36pm
Title: Interaction Designer
Location: SF Bay Area - 30 minutes from SF
Compensation: 80's to low 100's DOE
A progressive mobile-technology company is searching for an Interaction
Designer to join its creative team and focus on user interface design
and usability. This fast-paced start-up needs a designer with a
significant amount of interaction design experience with consumer Web
sites (preferably wireless sites and applications).
The ideal candidate will have worked on consumer e-commerce sites and
will have solid experience in user interface, interaction design,
information architecture, user research and usability testing. This
hands-on role offers an opportunity to have a real impact on a dynamic
Web site and its progressive, exciting mobile technology.
* User research and usability testing
* Gathering user research and understanding user needs (HCI)
* Translating business requirements into intuitive interface solutions
* Developing application maps, process flows, wire frames and mockups
with accompanying interaction rules based on user needs, technical
restrictions and requirements and business needs
** Two to four years of experience in user interface and interaction
design (Web application experience is a must)
* Significant amount of interaction design experience with consumer Web
sites (preferably wireless sites and applications)
* Experience translating business requirements into intuitive
application interface solutions
* Information architecture experience (strategic planning and
* Ability to ask appropriate questions, communicate effectively and
persuasively convey design solutions to a broad range of stakeholders
(marketing, product managers, engineers, customers and others)
* Strong attention to detail and exceptional organization, logic and
* Ability to multitask and prioritize tasks; comfortable with tight
* Proficiency in a variety of design tools such as Visio and Fireworks
* Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
* Familiarity with Java, including J2ME interactions and patterns
* Familiarity with presentation layer code and working knowledge of
application layer design
* Able to measure and quantify design impact on user behavior
If you feel that you are qualified for this position, please email me a
Word doc or PDF version of your resume and link to your portfolio.
Candidates must provide a portfolio, including examples of interactive
and application work and must be authorized to work in the United States
on a full-time basis for any employer.
* Resumes submitted without a portfolio will not be reviewed.
* Not all resumes will receive a response.