JOB User Experience Designer, New York, NY, Lime Bits (full time)
22 Feb 2008 - 6:03pm
Jonathan A. Marshall
USER EXPERIENCE DESIGNER at Lime Bits
LIME BITS is developing an innovative software system intended to empower
people to share their own creations and to collaborate on group creations.
You'll join the Lime Bits team and help overturn the ancient traditions of
software development. Your elegant user experience designs will lead
ordinary users to new heights of creation, and help them discover talents
they never knew they could express. As a key member of the team, you have a
blue-sky opportunity to lead us in
* developing a visual language in which novice users can easily and
naturally express themselves, beyond the desktop metaphor,
* designing layout and sequencing for narrative clarity,
* presenting complex information consistently and cohesively,
* advocating for user needs,
* observing and measuring user behavior,
* iteratively refining the Lime Bits interactions,
* developing creative interaction designs that help people think
* Experience developing innovative visual and temporal vocabularies of
* Experience designing online systems using user/task/functional analyses,
story boards, paper prototyping, user testing, and an iterative design
* Formal training in usability and design methodologies, including conduct
and statistical analysis of usability research tests.
* Self-motivated, critical thinker with strong technical background.
Curiosity, imagination, intuition. Excellent communication and teamwork
* Bachelor's, Masters or Doctorate in Human-Computer Interaction,
Cognitive Science, Human Factors, Computer Science, or related field, or 3
years experience directly in UXD.
* Bonus: outstanding sensibility for visual design and details.
COMPANY. Lime Bits is a startup project in the Lime Group, home to such
companies as Lime Wire, Lime Brokerage, and Tower Research. The Lime Group
companies offer a dynamic and intellectually stimulating work environment.
While we work hard, we also play hard and believe in supporting our team.
We provide free lunches, snacks, and beverages, tickets to NY events, 5
weeks vacation, and great views from our garden roof deck.