[Job] - Bestica User Experience Analyst - Full Time - Santa Clara, CA
28 Feb 2008 - 11:57am
We are looking for an Experienced User Experience Analyst for our client in Santa Clara,CA.
User Experience Analyst – Full Time – Santa Clara, CA
DESCRIPTION OF FUNCTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
As Business Analyst you will lead the design effort on a variety of projects in a highly collaborative, fast-paced environment. Your role is to design innovative solutions to real market problems. You will work closely with product and marketing managers, user interaction designers, and software engineers to improve the Web site.
* Conduct detailed analyses of existing processes and document findings, e.g., Pareto charts, Swim Lanes, Process Flow diagrams, Cause and Effect Diagrams.
* Write summary and detailed use cases, based on understanding of our systems and users.
* Write detailed functional requirements and design specifications for Web site applications and flows, coordinating with business owners, development leads, user interface designers, and usability specialists to build a great customer experience.
* Research, analyze, and deliver in a clear, straightforward manner details which will facilitate an efficient development cycle.
* Balance business needs and understanding of existing system design to recommend alternative approaches to meet requirements.
* Design or collaborate on user interaction models, navigation flows, and prototypes.
* Translate usability and field research into design improvements.
* Anticipate and make tradeoffs, balance business needs and technical constraints in the design specifications.
* Successfully communicate conceptual ideas and design rationale.
· 5-7 years experience in software and Web technologies
· Minimum 5 years product development experience, writing requirements for ecommerce platform
· Experience with Windows 2000, Web service Architecture, .NET framework, SQL database
· Strong analytical and communication skills
· Negotiation and influence skills
· Ability to successfully lead teams and cross-functional groups from technical and business disciplines.
· Ability to communicate design rationale and build consensus.
· Ability to develop new approaches to complex design problems.
· Must be organized, have an eye for detail, and be able to put ideas into a tangible form.
· Ideal: Experience with Pragmatic Marketing methodology
· Ideal: Experience with Security Software
* Undergraduate or graduate degree in computer science, information architecture, business, or related field
* Must have portfolio of analyses, use cases, product requirement and/or design specification documents
**Non-confidential work samples must be provided.**