EnergyHub is a funded, early-stage startup dedicated to developing
green consumer electronics for reducing home energy consumption. We
are a small office of engineers and designers who share a passion for
elegant, user-centered design and enjoy developing innovative
solutions to tough design problems.
We're looking for a talented interaction designer to work closely with
the Design Director to develop the look, feel, and key functionality
of the screen-based user interfaces in support of the overall product
Responsibilities will include the following:
· Act as the primary interaction designer of engaging and
simple, data-driven user interfaces for both stand-alone devices and
· Design and produce documentation, wireframes, and functional
specifications of the interfaces and work with the lead software
engineer to implement and validate your designs.
· Be an active participant in building and refining our
company’s brand and visual identity.
· Participate in user research - including observation and
interviews - to better understand our audience, their needs,
affinities, and capabilities. Research will also be performed to
gather data on general use patterns and to assess usability of our
products as iterations of the designs are completed.
Qualifications and Skills:
· Strong graphic design sensibility and skill set to facilitate
the creation of visually rich wireframes, presentation graphics, and
prototype interfaces for testing. These skills will be essential as we
develop the company’s brand and visual identity.
· Demonstrated ability to manage short and long term projects/
timelines, while being sure that identified deadlines and schedules
· The ability to drive research, communicate findings, and make
research findings actionable.
· Prior experience in designing consumer-oriented interfaces.
· Bachelors degree in Graphic or Human Factors, Interaction
Design or a related program and a minimum of 2 years’ relevant work
4 or more years designing interactive experiences - including
information architecture, user interface, and information design.
· Advanced degree in human-computer interaction, visual design,
and/or information science or related field.
Compensation is commensurate with experience.
Please send your resume along with a cover letter briefly describing
your interests, any relevant experiences you have had, and be sure to
include some visual examples from projects you have worked on to jobs at energyhub.net