JOB: Usability Lead MIDIRingtones Develoment Studio AG Mobile St Paul Minnesota
22 Sep 2004 - 12:24am
Hello fellow IxD group members,
I'm forwarding this on behalf of Caroline Altman at AG Mobile, who is
looking for qualified candidates for the role described below. Please
submit applications as specified at the end of the message, or contact
Ms Altman (caltman at ag.com) for additional information as required.
- Hal Taylor
AG Mobile is a subsidiary of American Greetings, a 98 year old, $2
Billion Fortune 500 company, with merchandising, distribution and
retail operations that span the globe.
• We have the 3rd largest creative studio with ~700 animators,
illustrators, and composers
• We are proud of our operations in 21 countries, subsidiaries in 7
countries, & 21,000 employees
• As the creator of original brands e.g. Care Bears and Strawberry
Shortcake we are innovators.
• We produce licensed products for over 150 leading consumer brands
including Disney, Warner Brothers, Nickelodeon, and Sports Illustrated
• Our products are in 26 languages distributed in 80 countries
• 700 company owned stores with over 115,000 retail partners
including Target, Walmart, Kmart, Albertsons, Rite Aid and CVS
• Over 6 million linear sq. ft. of aisle space are managed by AG.
• American Greetings owns, AmericanGreetings.com, Blue Mountain.com,
eGreetings.com, BeatGreets.com with over 127mm unique visitors annually
and over 2.1mm paying subscribers
• Co-Branded greeting channels created and operated by AG include
• AOL®, MSN®, Yahoo®, Earthlink®
Position: Usability Lead
Reporting to VP Product Development
Location: St Paul Minnesota
As the User Experience Lead for AGmobile you will be the primary
strategic planner for the vision and implementation of our product
usability(how a product works and how a user interacts with it). In
this important role, you will be responsible for developing a clear
strategy for continual improvement in the customer experience when
using our mobile and web-based products. You will work closely with
both the Product Marketing and Application Development teams to
collaborate on market requirements, functional specifications, and
Style Guide documents. You will also help drive the effectiveness of
the team’s QA process to ensure that the total user experience from
handset to application to content is optimized to the highest degree
· Manage the design and as appropriate prototyping of web-based
and mobile applications, including those for BREW, J2ME, MMS, WAP
xHTML, Windows Media, Macromedia, etc…
· Provide significant design input into functional
specifications, working closely with Product Marketing and Application
Develoment teams to develop and write appropriate user design
guidelines, functional specifications, quality assurance test plans,
and general user interface standards.
· Create and manage customer usability test plans and usability
· Direct the gathering and analysis of customer usage data
necessary to analyze, improve, and direct product development
improvements based on appropriate software/technology user design
· BS in Related Field
· At least 5 years experience as a usability manager with
progressive experience managing and developing a usability team, and
developing product and user interface strategies and recommendations.
· Functional user interface (UI) design and prototyping skills
for digital media
· Broad and deep knowledge and experience using user-centered
design process, tools and techniques, and design standards in a wide
range of complex systems and projects.
· Exceptional written and oral communication skills across all
levels of the organization.
· Proficiency in: MS Windows environment, MS Office, MS
Project, MS Visio, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Acrobat.
· Will also have extensive experience with mobile application
development (Brew, J2ME, PocketPC, Symbian)
· Experience with functional (not necessarily graphical) user
interface design for on-line/web efforts. This should include ability
to review and address all elements of user design.
· Working knowledge of key mobile Infrastructure elements
including CDMA, GPRS, WAP, SMS, MMS, PPG and other network elements
which impact user interaction with mobile applications.
· Mobile application development experience in developing
games, applications, and other media products (ringtones, audio tones,
graphics, greetings, and video.
Dial in to the future and join us and in this exciting opportunity to
change the way people in the US and around the world express themselves
through digital content.