Adobe (NASDAQ: ADBE) revolutionizes how the world engages with ideas and
information. For 25 years, the company's award-winning software and
technologies have redefined business, entertainment, and personal
communications by setting new standards for producing and delivering content
that engages people virtually anywhere at anytime. From rich images in
print, video, and film to dynamic digital content for a variety of media,
the impact of Adobe solutions is evident across industries and felt by
anyone who creates, views, and interacts with information. With a reputation
for excellence and a portfolio of many of the most respected and
recognizable software brands, Adobe is one of the world's largest and most
diversified software companies.
Today, Adobe is better positioned than ever to push the boundaries of the
digital universe. Under the leadership of President & CEO Shantanu Narayen,
we're driving even greater innovation with powerful, compelling software
solutions that meet the needs of customers and markets ranging from
designers and filmmakers, to enterprises and governments, to developers and
Recognizing that employees are at the core of our success, Adobe recruits
and retains highly qualified and motivated individuals, creates an
environment where they can innovate and achieve their best, and rewards them
for their performance by giving them an opportunity to share in the
*Headquarters: *San Jose, CA
*IPO Date: *1986
*Offices: *30+ offices worldwide
*Fiscal 2005 revenue: *$1.96 billion
*Fiscal 2006 revenue: *$2.57 billion
*Fiscal 2007 revenue: *$3.15 billion
Adobe Systems Incorporated is seeking a senior User Experience Designer to
join the XD Design team working on new cutting edge Adobe technologies. As
an Adobe Experience Designer, you will be responsible for creating great
experiences for several members of the Adobe product family. You will work
collaboratively with fellow members of the UE (User Experience) team to
conceptualize, design and prototype ideas; then inspire members of Product
Management, Engineering and Quality Engineering to develop award winning
*Knowledge & Skills:*
As a UE Team member, you would:
- Represent the "user experience," translate customer requirements
into defined specifications and inspire the Engineering team to develop the
- Own the design of the most impactful user interface – related
features and review specifications.
- Participate in the product definition process with the Product
Manager, Engineering Manager and User Research.
- Significantly influence product strategy and direction.
- Work with User Research and Product Manager to translate business
and marketing goals into the best software solutions for our business.
- Develop and maintain design mockups, usage scenarios, prototypes,
specifications, navigation maps and other design documents.
- Work with feature development teams to make sure that the workflow
reflects the customer's needs and ensure consistency among features.
- Develop expert-level knowledge of competitive and complementary
products and bring new ideas to the team.
- Define innovative user interfaces and interaction styles which
result in improved user productivity.
The ideal candidate would have the following qualifications:
- Uncanny drive to design the best user experience in the world.
- Strong visual design and prototyping using Flash, Flex, etc.
- Strong software design communication skills. (Ability to communicate
one's ideas through their design.)
- Interaction Design
- Proven track record and a passion for designing compelling,
award-winning user interfaces.
- High degree of creativity and problem solving.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Experience working with various departments within a product team.
- Team player.
Adobe believes personal fulfillment and company success go hand in hand,
sustaining one another. In fact, our dynamic, rewarding working environment
is well known – including eight years on FORTUNE magazine's "100 Best
Companies to Work For" and other, similar accolades. By hiring the very best
and brightest, Adobe continues to be a simply better place to work –
creating a dynamic environment today and providing incentives for future
achievement. Adobe is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We
welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace.