Job: Brisbane Australia - Senior Usability Specialist/UX Designer
29 Apr 2008 - 8:31am
Peak Usability is Brisbane's leading web usability and user experience
consultancy. Established in 2003, we work with a wide range of clients from
small start ups to museums to government and large organisations.
We are rapidly growing and have some exciting and interesting work coming
up. We need a highly skilled senior consultant/manager to work with us
either on a contract basis, or preferably in a permanent position.
We require multiskilled, passionate, motivated professional who has
demonstrated contracting OR consulting experience in a lead
usability-related role on major projects, including usability testing and
You will be responsible for (selection criteria):
- Running sessions with users including facilitating focus groups and card
sorting, conducting interviews, and contextual enquiries.
- Interaction design and developing site maps, wireframes and mockups.
- Undertaking usability testing, including planning and facilitating test
sessions and developing recommendations
- Writing up reports and key deliverables
- Mentoring other consultants and overseeing their activities
- Managing projects - on time and budget
- Meeting with clients to understand their needs and develop an appropriate
We are looking for someone:
- Who is passionate about usability and user centred design Is professional
and can string a few words together in a coherent manner - both verbally and
- Has a strong understanding of web heuristics and interaction design
- With relevant academic qualifications OR at least 3 years experience in
field of usability
- Preferably with an Australian work permit but if don't have one, we may
consider sponsoring an experienced practitioner to work in Australia for 1-2
- Who will fit in with our team and have some fun
Start date is flexible. Would prefer sooner rather than later but may be
prepared to wait for the right person. Remuneration is negotiable but will
be commensurate with experience.
To apply, please email us an application including:
- Your elevator pitch - a single paragraph summarising your achievements,
ambitions and what you can bring to Peak Usability
- Evidence or demonstration of how you meet each of the selection criteria
- Your relevant work history (you can leave out the fast food outlet you
worked at when 16)
- Your academic achievements or usability/HCI courses you have attended At
least 2 referees