User Interface Designer; Sunnyvale, CA; Kaboodle, Inc.; Full-time
1 May 2008 - 10:04pm
Do you want to help create the #1 shopping community on the web? Kaboodle, Inc. (http://www.kaboodle.com) is an online social shopping community where people discover, recommend and share products. The company has been described as the MySpace of shopping. Kaboodle's powerful shopping tools allow people to organize their shopping through lists, discover new things from people with similar style, get discounts on popular products and find best prices. At the heart of Kaboodle is a fun and engaging community of people who love to shop. Community members create and join groups, share advice, feedback and product suggestions and personalize their profiles with polls and other widgets.
Kaboodle was launched in 2006 and has over 500,000 registered users and over 6.5 million monthly unique visitors. In August 2007, Kaboodle was acquired by Hearst Corporation (www.hearst.com), which is one of the nation's largest diversified communications companies with interests in magazines, newspapers, digital media, business media and television. We are located in Sunnyvale, California, within walking distance of Caltrain.
We offer an exciting and challenging work atmosphere. You should enjoy working in the highly collaborative team setting of this firm, which still operates like a fast-paced startup. We offer comprehensive benefits including performance bonuses.
User Interface (UI) Designer
Kaboodle is looking for a UI designer to play a key role in delivering our product strategy. We need an outstanding individual who is driven to achieve extraordinary results in the Web 2.0 world. You need to be a creative thinker, bringing your own ideas to the mix and able to work as part of a team to deliver product features in very aggressive timelines.
The responsibilities will include:
a.. Working with product management and marketing groups on feature definition, including user flows, wire frames and visual mockups
b.. Working with the engineering team to ensure timely deliver of features, including working on CSS/HTML and graphical elements
c.. Working with marketing group to optimize user experience and user interaction flows
You should ideally have 2+ years of experience working with consumer internet companies such as Yahoo, Amazon, eBay, Google, or Shopping.com, experience designing for online communities a plus. You should be passionate about social media.
· Passion to build the #1 shopping community site
· Ability to apply user-centered design methods to translate user needs, business requirements, and technical constraints into an engaging user experience
· Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Interaction/Interface/ Information/Graphic Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Computer Science, Human Factors or related fields
· 2+ years of industry experience with consumer-facing web sites, applying user-centered design principles
· Experience in working with fast paced product development and gathering and incorporating user needs and feedback
· Experience with the entire product design cycle, from wire frames, to mockups, to prototypes, to final CSS/HTML
· Expert in Adobe Creative Suite and CSS/XHTML, Experience creating Flash-based web applications a plus
· Ability to effectively communicate and persuasively convey design solutions