Omnigraffle IA stencils

16 May 2008 - 10:48am
6 years ago
11 replies
8195 reads
SemanticWill
2007

Hi all,
For once - a non-snarky Will post. As of this week, I have made the
complete switch to Mac - and after installing Omnigraffle (new OS, new
machine, new everything including new way of doing wireframing and
sitemapping), I am on the hunt for all site mapping and wireframing
stencils. So if people could email me with links to stencils, I will digest
it and post back to group.

--
~ will

"Where you innovate, how you innovate,
and what you innovate are design problems"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Will Evans | User Experience Architect
tel +1.617.281.1281 | will at semanticfoundry.com
twitter: https://twitter.com/semanticwill
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comments

16 May 2008 - 1:26pm
Chris Ryan
2004
16 May 2008 - 1:44pm
Jeffrey D. Gimzek
2007

i think

http://www.graffletopia.com

is the only one you need.

OG rules. you'll wonder why it tool you so long.

jd

On May 16, 2008, at 8:48 AM, Will Evans wrote:

> Hi all,
> For once - a non-snarky Will post. As of this week, I have made the
> complete switch to Mac - and after installing Omnigraffle (new OS, new
> machine, new everything including new way of doing wireframing and
> sitemapping), I am on the hunt for all site mapping and wireframing
> stencils. So if people could email me with links to stencils, I will
> digest
> it and post back to group.

- -

Jeffrey D. Gimzek | Senior User Experience Designer

http://www.glassdoor.com

16 May 2008 - 1:51pm
Jeffrey D. Gimzek
2007

took.
took you so long.

when is spellcheck going to be more contextual ?

On May 16, 2008, at 11:44 AM, Jeff Gimzek wrote:

> i think
>
> http://www.graffletopia.com
>
> is the only one you need.
>
> OG rules. you'll wonder why it tool you so long.
>
> jd
>
>
>
> On May 16, 2008, at 8:48 AM, Will Evans wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>> For once - a non-snarky Will post. As of this week, I have made the
>> complete switch to Mac - and after installing Omnigraffle (new OS,
>> new
>> machine, new everything including new way of doing wireframing and
>> sitemapping), I am on the hunt for all site mapping and wireframing
>> stencils. So if people could email me with links to stencils, I
>> will digest
>> it and post back to group.

- -

Jeffrey D. Gimzek | Senior User Experience Designer

http://www.glassdoor.com

16 May 2008 - 4:13pm
Tim Ostler
2007

Graffletopia certainly, but also the good people at the Yahoo Design Pattern
Library have now released an excellent co-ordinated set of UI stencils
(Visio Photoshop and Illustrator too).
http://developer.yahoo.com/ypatterns/

At the IA Summit I and all the people in the UI Patterns workshop were all
treated to USB keys containing the entire set of Yahoo pattern stencils and
CSS code snippets. It's a very polished set.

--
Tim Ostler

18 May 2008 - 10:33am
Itamar Medeiros
2006

Todd Zazelenchuk (Intuit) and Elizabeth Boling (Indiana University)
created "Omnigraffle Stencils"
(http://www.userfocus.co.uk/resources/omnigraffle.html); designed for
use with Omnigroup (http://www.omnigroup.com/) visual communication
software for Mac OS/X, these two Omnigraffle stencils were created to
help communicate user-centered design activities and proposals to
clients and development teams.

{ Itamar Medeiros } http://designative.info/

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Posted from the new ixda.org
http://www.ixda.org/discuss?post=29144

20 May 2008 - 8:51am
Vishal Subraman...
2005

I just upgraded to v5. Did they just take off the GUI stencils from the
default list? Why??

--
-Vishal
http://www.vishaliyer.com

On Sun, May 18, 2008 at 11:33 AM, Itamar Medeiros <medeiros.itamar at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Todd Zazelenchuk (Intuit) and Elizabeth Boling (Indiana University)
> created "Omnigraffle Stencils"
> (http://www.userfocus.co.uk/resources/omnigraffle.html); designed for
> use with Omnigroup (http://www.omnigroup.com/) visual communication
> software for Mac OS/X, these two Omnigraffle stencils were created to
> help communicate user-centered design activities and proposals to
> clients and development teams.
>
> { Itamar Medeiros } http://designative.info/
>
>
>
>
> . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
> Posted from the new ixda.org
> http://www.ixda.org/discuss?post=29144
>
>
> ________________________________________________________________
> Welcome to the Interaction Design Association (IxDA)!
> To post to this list ....... discuss at ixda.org
> Unsubscribe ................ http://www.ixda.org/unsubscribe
> List Guidelines ............ http://www.ixda.org/guidelines
> List Help .................. http://www.ixda.org/help
>

20 May 2008 - 9:33am
Tim Ostler
2007

The stencils have all been reorganised but they are all still there. You can
now also set Favorites. If there are any stencils you added to the old
version you can easily re-import them.

On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 2:51 PM, Vishal Iyer <vishaliyer1 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I just upgraded to v5. Did they just take off the GUI stencils from the
> default list? Why??
>
> --
> -Vishal
> http://www.vishaliyer.com
>

--
Tim Ostler
London

20 May 2008 - 10:37am
SemanticWill
2007

Thanks Tim,

And Thank all of you for sending me links - I now have a complete set of
great wireframing stencils.

BTW:
Special thanks also to people at yahoo that created stencils from the design
pattern library. They rock.

- W

On Fri, May 16, 2008 at 5:13 PM, Tim Ostler <timo at cogarch.com> wrote:

> Graffletopia certainly, but also the good people at the Yahoo Design
> Pattern
> Library have now released an excellent co-ordinated set of UI stencils
> (Visio Photoshop and Illustrator too).
> http://developer.yahoo.com/ypatterns/

21 May 2008 - 9:56pm
Anonymous

Are there any for Axure yet?

Alinta Thornton
User Experience Lead
M 0410 336 347

independent digital media
web publishing | marketing+technology services | publisher solutions
Westside, Level 2 Suite C, 83 O'Riordan Street, Alexandria NSW 2015
T (02) 9469 5416 | F (02) 9469 5499
E athornton at idmco.com.au | W www.idmco.com.au

-----Original Message-----
From: discuss-bounces at lists.interactiondesigners.com
[mailto:discuss-bounces at lists.interactiondesigners.com] On Behalf Of
Will Evans
Sent: Wednesday, 21 May 2008 1:37 AM
To: Tim Ostler
Cc: IXDA list
Subject: Re: [IxDA Discuss] Omnigraffle IA stencils

Thanks Tim,

And Thank all of you for sending me links - I now have a complete set of
great wireframing stencils.

BTW:
Special thanks also to people at yahoo that created stencils from the
design pattern library. They rock.

- W

On Fri, May 16, 2008 at 5:13 PM, Tim Ostler <timo at cogarch.com> wrote:

> Graffletopia certainly, but also the good people at the Yahoo Design
> Pattern Library have now released an excellent co-ordinated set of UI
> stencils (Visio Photoshop and Illustrator too).
> http://developer.yahoo.com/ypatterns/
________________________________________________________________
Welcome to the Interaction Design Association (IxDA)!
To post to this list ....... discuss at ixda.org Unsubscribe
................ http://www.ixda.org/unsubscribe List Guidelines
............ http://www.ixda.org/guidelines List Help ..................
http://www.ixda.org/help

31 May 2008 - 8:30pm
Christian Crumlish
2006

Graffletopia is great. For those interested, the Yahoo! Design Pattern
Library has just released a set of wireframe stencils in OmniGraffle, Visio
(XML), PDF, PNG, and SVG formats (thanks to Graffle wizard Lucas Pettinati):
http://developer.yahoo.com/ypatterns/wireframes/

-xian-

On Fri, May 16, 2008 at 11:44 AM, Jeff Gimzek <listserv at jdgimzek.com> wrote:

> i think
>
> http://www.graffletopia.com
>
> is the only one you need.
>
> OG rules. you'll wonder why it tool you so long.
>
> jd
>
>
>
> On May 16, 2008, at 8:48 AM, Will Evans wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>> For once - a non-snarky Will post. As of this week, I have made the
>> complete switch to Mac - and after installing Omnigraffle (new OS, new
>> machine, new everything including new way of doing wireframing and
>> sitemapping), I am on the hunt for all site mapping and wireframing
>> stencils. So if people could email me with links to stencils, I will
>> digest
>> it and post back to group.
>>
>
>
> - -
>
> Jeffrey D. Gimzek | Senior User Experience Designer
>
> http://www.glassdoor.com
>
>
>
> ________________________________________________________________
> Welcome to the Interaction Design Association (IxDA)!
> To post to this list ....... discuss at ixda.org
> Unsubscribe ................ http://www.ixda.org/unsubscribe
> List Guidelines ............ http://www.ixda.org/guidelines
> List Help .................. http://www.ixda.org/help
>

--
Christian Crumlish http://xianlandia.com
Yahoo! pattern detective http://design.yahoo.com
Yahoo! Developer Network evangelist http://open.yahoo.com
IA Institute director of technology http://iainstitute.org

1 Jun 2008 - 9:18am
Petteri Hiisilä
2004

Christian Crumlish kirjoitti 1.6.2008 kello 4:30:

> For those interested, the Yahoo! Design Pattern
> Library has just released a set of wireframe stencils in
> OmniGraffle, Visio
> (XML), PDF, PNG, and SVG formats (thanks to Graffle wizard Lucas
> Pettinati):
> http://developer.yahoo.com/ypatterns/wireframes/

This is a fantastic stencil set. Thank you for the tip!

Petteri

--
Petteri Hiisilä
palvelumuotoilija /
Senior Interaction Designer
iXDesign / +358505050123 /
petteri.hiisila at ixdesign.fi

"In this island, everything happens for a reason."
- John Locke, LOST

Syndicate content Get the feed