JOB, Junior Interaction Designer/Information Architect, Atlanta, GA, Recruiter, Permanent Hire
28 May 2008 - 2:43pm
Junior Interaction Designer/Information Architect
Permanent Hire: $75k
Atlanta, GA (near the airport)
Our client is a world class organization seeking a Junior Interactive
Designer/Information Architect to join their team. We are interested in
speaking to you if you are the type of individual that can thrive in a
compelling and challenging environment. We are seeking a Junior
Interactive Designer who has prior experience working for an enterprise
level company on a complex, transactional website. Please apply if the
requirements below meet your work experience. A Kforce Representative
will contact qualified candidates to discuss the opportunity further.
This is a direct hire role.
Responsible for the behavior of tasks and processes that users encounter
in software and information systems at the interface level. Focused on
helping users successfully achieve goals and complete tasks. Understands
the project goals and translate the goals into an intuitive design. The
right candidate will have extensive consumer web design experience.
Develops and/or contributes to prototype development so that the
functional design can be validated by testing with actual users.
Communicates functional design to implementation team.
***User Flow and Wire Frames are the two most important required skill
* Undergraduate degree required with emphasis in design-related
discipline preferred. Advanced degree in Human Computer Interaction
Design, or other related discipline required.
* Minimum 3 years professional work experience in interactive design or
user-interface, design related field required, preferably with
large-scale high volume transactional B2C websites.
* Experience with UI design required
(includes how to create UI models, user task and interaction flows,
screen designs, user-interface interaction details for websites or
* Prefer experience with rapid prototyping tools, such as iRise
* Must possess a solid working experience with appropriate design tools
including Photoshop, Illustrator, Visio, etc.
* Visual design skills a plus
* Portfolio required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES REQUIRED
* Should champion the voice of the customer through effective design of
* Should be skilled at execution with knowledge about working with user
task and interaction flows, screen designs, user-interface interaction
details for websites or web-based applications..
* Knowledgeable about the internet, web development languages (HTML,
editors (Dreamweaver), and browsers.
* Knowledgeable of industry (travel, self-service technologies,
e-Commerce/retail) events and best practices.
* Ability to work across multiple internal business units and companies;
including various cultures desired.
* Must be able to coach and collaborate successfully with the various
design and development roles across the company.
* Must have strong judgment, decision making and business strategy
* Should be customer-focused.
* Should possess strong interpersonal and questioning skills.
* Should possess strong writing and editing skills with high quality
written report experience.
* Should be able to present ideas effectively and be a strong
communicator in a variety of presentation situations, including
presentations to large audiences (internal & external) and executive
* Should be an avid-learner with strong initiation to keep up to date
with the latest usability and user interface research and technologies.
* Must be detail-oriented, results-oriented, well-organized,
* Strong analytical skills required. Should understand foundational web
* Strong planning skills. Must be process-oriented. Must be capable of
meeting or exceeding deadlines with excellent follow-through.
* Exhibit basic project management skills.
Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail message, including any attachments,
is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain
confidential and/or privileged information. Any unauthorized review,
use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the
intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and
destroy all copies of the original message.