JOB: Sr UX Designer, Method, NYC & San Francisco, Full Time
17 Jun 2008 - 4:06pm
5 years ago
A Senior User Experience Designer creates excellent user experience design
and deliverables for Method projects, according to user-centered design
principles and Method standards. Independently, or working with a Director,
as needed, a Senior UX Designer executes all user experience tasks,
including project planning, research and analysis, requirements definition,
product and interaction concepts, and interaction specifications, on a
variety of platforms, including the Web, mobile devices, television, and
product interfaces. On select projects, the Senior UX Designer will be the
lead voice on a project for Method's UX approach, within the project team
and in interactions with clients.
* Working with UX Director to create appropriate project plans for the UX
component of projects.
* Executing, and lead other UX designers in executing, quality deliverables
for all aspects of UX work, including user research and analysis,
requirements definition, conceptual design, content planning, interaction
planning, interaction specification, and quality assurance. Creating project
deliverables that clearly and persuasively communicate the UX strategy and
the reasoning behind it.
* Creating user experiences that can be mapped directly to the business and
user requirements of the project.
* Representing the user experience requirements of the project to other team
members and to the client.
* Working collaboratively with project teams to develop user experience
approaches that take into account requirements and feedback of other team
members. Also, providing appropriate feedback to team members to ensure that
user experience requirements are met.
* Constructive participation in UX team and studio workshops to develop and
refine best practices and processes.
* Staying abreast of industry best practices for UX design and processes,
and for any project, gathering sufficient information to support appropriate
UX design for the given platform and technology.
* Taking on any UX or other project tasks required by the studio, as
directed by the Director of UX.
* A portfolio of work showing 5+ years UX experience, including UX
consulting, spanning multiple industry verticals.
* An understanding of how to implement design thinking to influence business
* Ability to plan, carry out, and analyze user research (ethnography,
workshops, interviews, usability sessions, etc.) effectively to define user
needs, attitudes, and expectations.
* BA or MA in Interaction Design, Graphic Design, or HCI, or related
* Effective communication skills (both in conversation and in writing),
especially focused on running workshops and presenting and defending UX
designs and decisions.
* Ability to work with technology experts to uncover and understand
technology requirements and capabilities as they relate to user experience.
* Fluency with standard UX design tools, such as Adobe CS3, Visio,
OmniGraffle, Office, etc.
Method is a brand experience agency that helps business leaders harness the
competitive power of design. With deep expertise in research, strategy,
design and technology, Method offers a rigorous, intelligent approach to
solving increasingly complex brand problems in the physical and digital
realms. Method's has enabled over 150 businesses to outperform competitors
through unified branding and communications, compelling user experiences,
and successful product and service development wherever customers can be
found: on the web, mobile, print, advanced television and within immersive
environments. The firm has a blue-chip client roster that features brands
such as Sony, Gucci, Microsoft, Visa, Comcast, Nike, Adobe, and Yahoo!,
among others. Method has offices in San Francisco, New York and London.
Additional information can be found at www.method.com.