JOB: Web Principal Information Architect: IDEXX: Portland, Maine: Full Time
18 Jun 2008 - 11:22am
The Web Information Architect, through his or her understanding of
user-centered design techniques, coordinates the planning, maintenance,
tracking, and accessibility of Web site content in a way that ensures an
appropriate balance between the user experience and the internal
business needs of the company.
This individual also provides:
* Consulting services to internal customers on the
best uses of Internet technology.
* Management and mentoring of content developers.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Prepare and maintain a long-term plan for Web
site development and presence, including standards and guidelines for
navigation, content, and content management, based on business goals and
input from stakeholders.
* Ensure a consistent user experience across IDEXX
Web sites, Web applications, intranets, extranets, newsletters and
e-mail marketing by developing and promoting a uniform Web branding
strategy in collaboration with marketing department, Web Strategist and
Web Core team, and by promoting uniform fonts, formatting, icons,
images, and layout, and creating appropriate templates to assist content
* Perform user research and use best practice
methods such as personas when modeling the results of the research.
* Establish policies and procedures for publishing
Web pages and Web applications in conjunction with content creators.
Develop, implement, and enforce Web site appropriate use and privacy
* Identify, recommend, define and prioritize new
features in conjunction with business leaders and department managers.
* Identify, implement, and manage Web site
presence and promotion opportunities, such as search engine
optimization, registration and marketing and establishing pointer links
from other relevant Web sites.
* Assess and itemize costs for Web site
enhancements and modifications.
* Participate in the development and integration
of graphical and multimedia components into the Web site, including
audio and video, with due regard paid to appropriate compression
techniques, resolution, sizes, color maps, and depths to ensure high
quality and speed of delivery.
* Monitor, analyze, report and take action on Web
site traffic and user feedback.
* Track and evaluate new standards, technologies
and trends in Web site development, design, and delivery.
* Assess, recommend, and purchase Web authoring,
development, and publishing tools as required.
* Manage, develop and mentor junior members of the
Portland, Maine has a thriving usability community. Spend the summer on
the beach, boating in Casco Bay, hiking in the White Mountains or
fly-fishing for native trout. Winter brings great skiing, tubing, and
there are fabulous restaurants and cultural events all year.
IDEXX Laboratories, Inc. is a worldwide leader in the development and
commercialization of innovative technology-based products and services
for veterinary, food and water applications. Headquartered in southern
Maine, IDEXX conducts operations through more than 60 locations around
the world, and employs over 4,500 people in full-and part-time