JOB: Interaction designer, Chicago, The University of Chicago, full-time
23 Jun 2008 - 4:24pm
The University of Chicago NSIT Web Services department needs a highly
creative and fun interaction designer to work with clients, users and a team
of visual designers and programmers to build websites and web applications.
The interaction designer will coordinate the web application development
lifecycle from start to finish, developing business requirements,
interaction flows and wireframes with a focus on user-centered design.
Do you have a love of process improvement and the skills to move smoothly
from an idea to wireframes to XHTML and CSS? Are you equally passionate
about balancing business goals and target audience needs? Would you enjoy
working on a team with web designers, programmers, project managers, and
clients to create custom websites and web applications for higher education?
Does working for a top-ranked university in a quirky and professional
environment appeal to you?
· A minimum of three years of professional experience in information
architecture, interaction design and/or user interface design for websites
and web applications required;
· A minimum of two years of client management experience required;
· Experience defining and documenting use cases and functional
· Experience wireframing or prototyping in Axure, Visio, Illustrator or
· Proficiency in standards-compliant, semantic XHTML and CSS required;
· Experience as a project or team lead strongly preferred;
· Solid understanding of accessibility and usability, including
cross-platform and browser issues preferred;
· Experience testing web applications preferred;
· Bachelor¹s degree preferred; advanced degree in HCI or related program
a major plus.
Our ideal candidate for this full-time, on-site position in Chicago will
have a solid portfolio of interaction design work for recent websites and
web applications. Please note this is not a graphic design position; all
applicants must be able to show samples of user interface wireframes,
storyboards, process maps, use cases and/or specifications. If you¹re ready
for a challenge and like the idea of working and playing hard, contact Sara
Worrell-Berg at swberg at uchicago.edu with a cover letter, resume and
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity
Thanks, and feel free to contact me with any questions!