Please reply to nancy_falkenburg at intuit.com
Location: Mountain View, CA
Position Title: Senior User Interface Designer/Prototyper (Req#: 52547)
About the Company:
Intuit Inc. is a leading provider of business and financial management
solutions for small and mid-sized businesses, consumers and accounting
professionals. Its flagship products and services, including
QuickBooks(r), Quicken(r) and TurboTax(r) software, simplify small business
management and payroll processing, personal finance, and tax preparation
Intuit isn't just another place to work. It's a company made up of
smart, motivated people with a passion for what they do. We take pride
in our dedication to the customers who use our products and services
every day. Intuit offers some of the best rewards in the industry. We
don't think you'll find another employer more dedicated to its
Intuit is looking for a talented, motivated Senior User Interface
Designer/Prototyper to help shape the User Interface for Quicken,
Quicken.com, and new Personal Finance offerings. This
designer/prototyper will work with the Design Lead and the Product
Development team to prototype high fidelity prototypes and design
innovative, industry-leading user interfaces. They will work with
Usability specialists and other team members to create the prototype
that gives users the experience of the fully functional product. They
will help research and analyze target audience for products and develop
creative design solutions. This designer will work with the Design Lead
to contribute to the interaction design process from product/feature
conceptualization through implementation and usability review. The ideal
candidate will be passionate about the end-user experience, will be able
to create high fidelity prototypes, and will be able to work on both
simple and challenging design problems.
* Creating high fidelity prototypes that gives users the expeirnce of
the fully functional application so we can get detailed and interaction
type feedback from the user.
* Working with the Design Lead to drive interaction designs from
prototyping to implementation.
* Developing high level, and/or detailed storyboards, mockups and
prototypes to effectively communicate designs and validate usability
* Develop product conceptual models from functional specifications,
marketing requirements, and various types of user analysis.
* Conceive, set, and implement user interface guidelines and standards.
* Help drive the user-centered design process.
* Prioritize design tasks and deliver projects on time.
Candidates should be able to:
* Create high fidelity prototypes using Visual Basic, HTML and/or Flash
* Apply market research, usability data, software technology and human
factors to UI design processes and solutions.
* Work comfortably in a multi-discipline team to deliver designs that
meet customer needs, product goals, and schedules.
* Participate in design review sessions with project team members.
* Strong communication skills.
* In depth knowledge of User Interface Design principals, Human Factors,
User Centered Design Processes, Interaction Design guidelines, Usability
Methodologies, industry standards and trends, platform standards, and
software development process.
* Proficient with developing high fidelity prototypes using Visual Basic,
HTML and Flash.
* Proficiency with various design and tools (Adobe PhotoShop and
Illustrator, web prototyping/design
* Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design, Interaction Design, Industrial
Design, or related field, or equivalent experience.
* 3-5 years of direct UI design experience.
* Demonstrated experience in designing usable interfaces for large,
* Able to work on multiple projects.
* Graphic design skills including screen layout, icon development and other
visual design elements a plus.
* This designer should be an innovative, creative problem solver with an
eye for detail and accuracy. They must possess portfolio of original
user interface design work.