[Job] Experience Design Manager, San Jose or San Francisco, CA, Adobe Systems, Recruiter, Full time
1 Jul 2008 - 11:57am
Adobe Systems is looking for a Design Manager to work within Adobe's Experience Design (XD) team.
This position will manage a design team that is responsible for a variety of software products. They develop the experience design for Adobe's Elements product line along with the online Express line of products.
For those product lines, this design team is responsible for user research, vision work, product definition, visual/ui design and sample content.
This high-energy job is part program manager, part art director and part design advocate.
This design manager will oversee all design work coming from the team, including assigning and tracking resources for new and ongoing work, evaluating new opportunities and setting and maintaining quality standards.
Additionally, this manager will have to do the following:
* Support independent engineering and product teams.
* Develop and present executive level strategies.
* Collaborate with parallel design teams.
Candidates must also lead by example. The ideal candidate must be able to demonstrate exceptional application design skills while inspiring a design team to do the same.
Ideally, you have run your own design studio, or previously worked at as an Art Director, Producer or Director of a small to medium sized design team.
You have extensive experience designing and building web 2.0 experiences (ie. DHTML, Flex, Flash).
* Identify and hire world-class design talent and maintain a collaborative, constructive work environment for idea exploration and creativity.
* Follow, contribute to, communicate and evangelize the Adobe Experience Model.
* Develop and maintain team deliveries including design mockups, usage scenarios, prototypes, specifications, and other design documents.
* Successfully manage relationships with outside agencies and vendors, ensuring delivery of great work consistent with the Adobe Experience Model.
* Develop expert-level knowledge of competitive and complementary products and bring new ideas to the team.
Extensive experience designing and creating desktop and/or web applications.
* Extensive experience successfully managing a design team.
* Extensive experience with Adobe's tools, especially Adobe Flash.
* Exceptional visual design portfolio showcasing broad range of styles.
* Proven ability to balance multiple projects while meeting tight deadlines.
* Excellent presentation, communication and collaboration skills.
* Strong work ethic; self-motivated and detail oriented.
* Willing to travel; international travel possible.
Adobe believes personal fulfillment and company success go hand in hand, sustaining one another. In fact, our dynamic, rewarding working environment is well known - including eight years on FORTUNE magazine's "100 Best Companies to Work For" and other, similar accolades. By hiring the very best and brightest, Adobe continues to be a simply better place to work - creating a dynamic environment today and providing incentives for future achievement.
Adobe is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace.
If you are a North America-based employee and have an HR-related question, you now have a centralized resource to help you find the answers. Contact the HR Information Center (HRIC) at x6-HELP (4357) or at hric at adobe.com<mailto:hric at adobe.com>.