Position Title: Senior UI Designer (Req#: 53052), QuickBooks
Intuit Inc. is a leading provider of business and financial management
solutions for small and mid-sized businesses, consumers and accounting
professionals. Its flagship products and services, including QuickBooks®,
Quicken® and TurboTax® software, simplify small business management and
payroll processing, personal finance, and tax preparation and filing.
Intuit isn't just another place to work. It's a company made up of smart,
motivated people with a passion for what they do. We take pride in our
dedication to the customers who use our products and services every day.
Intuit offers some of the best rewards in the industry. We don't think
you'll find another employer more dedicated to its employees' success.
The QuickBooks Group UI Design team is tasked with designing the user
experience for more than 2.5 million users of QuickBooks products and
Our group creates elegant, appealing, and extensible designs through
user-centered design practices. These practices include gathering user
needs, setting standards for design development, serving as user advocates
on development teams, and performing usability testing for effective design
- Provide desktop application interface designs and/or design consulting on
product teams from concept development through delivery.
- Define and design new products in new markets as well as incremental
re-work of current desktop and Internet-based products.
- Aid in concept development through focus groups, user interviews, surveys
and observational studies.
- Work collaboratively in an interdisciplinary team, including members of
the Engineering, Marketing, Product Support, QA, and Documentation teams.
- Manage the design process, drive decisions, create schedules, track
- Deliver prototypes, mock-ups, and design specifications for your designs.
- Perform design reviews and usability testing during various phases of the
product development to evaluate and iterate the designs.
- Collaborate with designers and product developers to maintain consistent
look and feel across the product lines.
- Minimum BA/BS degree in Human Factors, Cognitive Psychology or related
- 7+ years of application interface design experience.
- Strong knowledge of interface design processes and methodology in creating
desktop and internet applications.
- Familiarity with one or more prototyping tools.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have strong project and people management skills and be able to
function as project leader as well as individual contributor.
- Advanced degree (MS, Ph.D.) in Human Factors, Cognitive Psychology or
- Proficiency with rapid prototyping tools such as PhotoShop, Dreamweaver,
Director, and Visual Basic.
- Some direct Internet-related design experience including the design and
usability testing of web sites and web-based products.