We are looking for a passionate and motivated User Interaction Designer
interested in joining our team to design & deliver solutions to architects
and engineers who use Autodesk products to design buildings around the
This is your chance to help shape the future of our building information
modeling solutions which allow our customers to create digital models,
making it possible for architects and engineers to visualize, simulate, and
analyze their designs—experiencing their ideas before they are real.
You see us every day. Just about every building, bridge, consumer product,
video game, or feature film created today used Autodesk Design software.
Autodesk is the fourth largest software development company in the United
States, with 50+ products used around the world. The products, buildings,
games and movies created with our tools are known worldwide.
We're consistently selected as one of Fortune's "100 Best Places to Work"
and were also recently named as one of Fortune magazine's "100 Fastest
Growing Companies" for 2006. We provide the solutions that allow our
customers to create, manage, and share digital design data. Our design and
collaboration solutions span the industries of architectural design and land
development, manufacturing, utilities, telecommunications, and media and
As a user interaction designer your principal duties will include:
• Researching, designing and validating workflows.
• Gathering requirements from users and translating those needs into design
solutions that optimize product usability, usefulness and user satisfaction.
• Working cross-functionally to evaluate, design, build, and test product
• Conduct user research activities to gather requirements. This includes
interviews, ethnographic observation, workflow analyses and contextual
inquiry. Creates personas based on research.
• Transfer understanding of user needs and workflows to propose strategic
enhancements. Working with Product Management, distills this into a set of
features that will benefit the user in the most effective way.
• Design alternative solutions, evaluating them to choose the best approach.
Visualizes and prototypes an intended solution. Meets and collaborates with
users and development partners to validate conceptual designs.
• Assist in the coordination and facilitation of usability tests and other
target user research with project partners to validate existing and future
feature design (including prototype testing).
• Compose technical and highly detailed documents using text, diagrams,
illustrations, and/or prototypes to outline product, feature, and function
• Responsible for delivering design documentation for use by a wide range of
audiences including Software Development, Test Development, Technical
Publications, Sales and Marketing.
• An exceptional portfolio of work demonstrating your successful delivery of
innovative design solutions
• Ability to solve complex problems and drive projects from concept to
conclusion; work independently, manage multiple tasks, and set priorities
with direction or feedback from management and teammates
• Demonstrate interest in the details and the results of the design process,
not just the initial high-level concept
• A solid understanding of both quantitative and qualitative research
• Interact with and influence others effectively via teamwork and diplomacy
• Verbal and written fluency in the English language and strong verbal and
visual communication skills
• An advanced degree or experience in an HCI-related subject
• 7+ years of professional experience doing interface design and usability
• Ability to develop interactive prototypes and documentation to aid
evaluation and development of designs
• Expertise with design support tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator, Visio
• Technical background and/or a demonstrable understanding of modern
software development processes and concerns as they relate to design
• Previous experience designing for complex creative applications, 3d tools,
and/or engineering analysis tools, and building industry applications a plus
Autodesk provides one of the most exceptional compensation and benefit
packages, including stock options for all employees, 401k matching, six week
sabbatical after four years of employment, domestic partner policy, ongoing
employee training and development, flexible work hours and more!