Job: Information Architect / UI Designer : Boston : Recruiter : Full Time
30 Jul 2008 - 9:04am
Dissero ( <http://www.dissero.com/> http://www.dissero.com) is the premier
recruiting firm focused on high growth technology companies. Our client is
a leading media and publishing company that is located just outside of
We have been engaged to conduct a search for an Information Architect / UI
Designer. This position will play a significant role in this company as
they are looking to modernize 50 - 70 web properties for a variety of
This position will be responsible for understanding audience needs and
tasks; creating detailed user interface specifications, including
wireframes, functional flows and site maps; and producing user interface
designs that meet the audience needs.
* Gather requirements to determine target audience and objectives; analyze
audiences and their information and functional needs; and set scope and
* Define site architecture and the intended user experience through the
development of wireframes, site maps, process maps, feature lists, mockups,
Illustrator, Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Visio, XML, and XSLT.
* Present design deliverables to project teams and business owners.
* Conduct usability testing and design reviews to identify problems and
improvements to the user experience.
* Collaborate with internal project teams to ensure that an explicit user
experience is maintained throughout project execution.
* Collaborate with SEO experts to ensure implementation of SEO best
practices in site design.
* Create and maintain user interface standards and style guide.
* 5+ years experience as an information architect, interaction designer, or
experience designer (or similar role).
* Demonstrated experience with user-centered design techniques and ability
to execute on architecture and design of large-scale website projects.
* Demonstrated experience conducting user research and translating user
research into design decisions.
* Strong knowledge of user interface design processes and methodology.
* Experience using web analytics data to inform design decisions.
* Excellent oral and written communication, presentation and interpersonal
* Detail-oriented, able to work on multiple projects simultaneously, and
comfortable working in a fast-paced, team environment.
* Proficiency with relevant software tools (Illustrator, Visio, Photoshop,
MS Office, Acrobat, Dreamweaver).
* Proficiency with web standards including XHTML, CSS, Web Accessibility
and Section 508, as well as web usability best practices.
* Bachelor's degree in Information Design, Human Factors, Human-Computer
Interaction, or related field strongly preferred.