JOB: Santa Monica, CA: Full time UX/UI Designer at ThisNext.com
12 Aug 2008 - 5:13pm
Lea Ann Hutter
ThisNext <http://www.thisnext.com> is looking for a User
Experience/Interface Designer with a background in consumer-oriented Web 2.0
properties. We want someone with a deep awareness of brand messaging,
fluency in the visual language of social sites, a strong understanding of
user-centered design principles and a high level of user empathy.
You'll be working a lot on our main site, but you'll also be helping out
with Facebook/MySpace applications, partner programs, and all the other
pieces of work that come up. You'll be involved throughout the process,
including brainstorming about what projects we should take on, interviewing
users and fleshing out requirements, designing and mocking up alternatives,
and working throughout implementation with developers who will integrate
· 3+ years of experience in Web design and/or information
architecture, including work on large or complex sites or applications.
· Expertise in designing clean, intuitive interfaces and knowledge of
current best practices; visual design skills and graphics software knowledge
· Demonstrated portfolio of work required.
· Ability to work with and organize large volumes of content;
attention to detail.
· Ability to drive projects from start to finish with minimal
supervision and to juggle multiple projects and priorities in a fast-paced
· Excellent organization and communications skills, with experience
communicating across groups.
· HTML and CSS skills, with cross-browser, cross-platform
plus (not required)
*How to apply:
Send your resume along with a (short) cover letter to tyson at thisnext dot
com. *Don't forget to put the job title in your email's subject line and
include a link to your portfolio. It doesn't hurt to join ThisNext either,
we like that sort of thing!
*Why work at ThisNext?*
· By creating a fun and hip community of folks who love to shop and
share opinions on the latest and greatest, we are changing the way people
shop online. It's an exciting and ambitious task- and we need your help!
· Work with a team of smart, passionate people right on the Promenade
in Santa Monica only steps from the beach.
· We've got an experienced team that has been involved with building
many other successful Internet startups including Rent.com, Stamps.com,
Citysearch.com, MP3.com, eMusic.com, UPOC, and Blogsmith.
· We've got benefits! Full dental/medical/vision coverage, and a
401k. The fully stocked fridge and snack bar is pretty great too.
· We are not the only ones who love what we are doing- read what
people are saying about us<http://www.thisnext.com/company/news-and-quotes/%20>
ThisNext is the world's largest independent social shopping network- a
community where people discover, recommend, and share products with their
friends and community experts. We are making online shopping a fun and
genuinely social experience. Founded in 2006, ThisNext is venture funded
and located in Santa Monica.