Job posting request for Sr. Design Prototyper @ Yahoo!
25 Aug 2008 - 4:53pm
I would like to post the following job on ixda.org, thank you.
Job Title: Sr. Design Prototyper
Location: Santa Clara, CA
* The Internet is a big, busy place, and we at Yahoo! are proud to
stand out in the crowd. As the world's number one Internet brand,
servicing over a half billion people, we're determined to maintain our
commitment to delivering news, entertainment, information and fun...
each and every day.
In order to maintain our position as one of the world's most
trafficked Internet destinations, we're always on the lookout for people
with big ideas and big talent to help us provide our visitors with the
innovative products and services they've come to expect from Yahoo!.
We're looking for people like you.
How Big Can You Think?
Sick off all of the lame experiences that you find on the web?
Want to do something cutting edge? If so, we have the job for you.
Yahoo is looking for an experienced, innovative, and technically
strong Sr. Design Prototyper to help bring next-generation experiences
to the Yahoo Search audience. As the projects will be varied and cutting
edge, the ideal candidate must be a strong technologist, up-to-date on
the latest web UI technologies, and a passion for developing
user-delighting experiences. You will be part of a high-energy, fast
* Participate in concept development and design ideation
* Develop high-fidelity functional design prototypes to
demonstrate proof of concepts and for buy-in demonstrations
* Collaborate with designers and researchers to refine the user
* Partner with engineering to ensure that interactive techniques
and technologies translate through to shipping products and services
Required Skills & Experience:
* BS/MS in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent experience
* 5+ years of professional Web development experience
* Good knowledge of object oriented design and design patterns
* Strong knowledge of XHTML, XML, and PHP.
* Knowledge of Ruby, Ruby on Rails, Macromedia Flash/Flex,
ActionScript 2.0 is a bonus
* Experience building and operating highly efficient, dynamic,
data driven, scalable browser based user interfaces and web applications
* Strong knowledge and keen interest in emerging tools and
technologies in the industry
* Innovator - able to build prototypes and come up with ideas
given a current set of technology.
* Fast learner - can quickly come up to speed with different
technologies and develop prototypes as needed
* Flexibility. Able to work in a dynamic environment
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Excellent teamwork skills
* Excellent analytical and problem solving skills