Intuit's Small Business QuickBooks Connected Group is looking for a strong interaction designer to help build new solutions for Intuit's existing desktop and online offerings. Candidate will create designs that delight our customers, by solving important customer problems, being easy and efficient to use, and delivering emotional engagement and unexpected wow.
* Apply strategic thinking to deliver user experience solutions that focus on user needs and business goals. Directly responsible for delivering all aspects of design, from delivering concepts and prototypes to UI specifications.
* Utilize industry design standards and best practices to define and implement design criteria, design guidelines, and design specs.
* Use judgment to suggest solutions that optimize among customer needs, business constraints and technological realities.
* Stay up to date with new technologies and industry trends and passion for learning.
* Collaborate effectively with designers, researchers, engineering, product management, marketing, and other team members.
* Use facilitative leadership skills to drive to the best outcome for stakeholders, resulting in others learning from you, and inspiring others to want to work with you.
* Participate in and foster the Intuit Experience Design Community.
* Minimum BA/BS degree in product/interaction design, human factors, graphic design or related field
* 7+ years of user interface design experience with consumer applications, both desktop and rich web apps/sites.
* Experience in delivering high-volume, high-profile, or award-winning web sites and desktop products
* Extensive knowledge and experience with driving and applying user-centered design processes while working collaboratively with cross-functional teams including engineering, product management, and user research
* Experience working within Agile process
* Expertise with design tools, such as Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver
* Proficient in a variety of methods to convey ideas and concepts (e.g. wireframes, prototypes, etc)
* Effective communicator, presenter, and negotiator
* Experience with financial applications preferred.
* Creative problem-solver with the ability to work with a blank slate and inspire others
* Knowledge of Rich Internet Applications and their impact on the feasibility of design solutions
* Hands-on knowledge of Ajax, Flash, DHTML, CSS, scripting, and various other technologies a plus