We are looking for a talented Staff Interaction Designer to join the New Offerings Accelerator team. Our charter is to help new offering teams quickly launch their offerings to customers. We help new offering teams by providing them with infrastructure and technology that is rapid to develop and deploy. We also help teams overcome roadblocks and focus on addressing customer problems.
*Produce great design work that shines with simplicity despite complexity of the system.
*Define implementation criteria, guidelines, and specs. Work with other designers, researchers, management, and your group to produce jaw dropping work.
*Turn ideas into amazing design.
*Be both creative and pragmatic.
*Enjoy generating and evangelizing team and product vision and have proven customer affinity and user empathy
*Hold direct responsibility for creating the user interface of key customer experiences and projects, concentrating on end-to-end scenarios and top user tasks
* Learn new technology quickly, from the core applications being developed to new design tools
* Be capable of independent design process, project, and schedule management
* Compare and contrast various design solutions, taking technical, resource, and time constraints into account
* Prioritize among competing assignments, features, user tasks and needs
* Illustrate experience in conceptual development and creative prototypes as well as tactical UI design and implementation
* Be tolerant of range of projects, from vague to well-defined, simple to complex, implementation to innovation
* Be a creative problem-solver and an effective communicator, presenter, and negotiator
* Exhibit ability to collaborate with user researchers, UI text writers, peer designers, and art directors; illustrate productive collaboration with other corporate peers and sponsors
* Five-years plus product/interaction design, industrial design, or graphic design degree
* Degree in Design, Design related field, or equivalent experience
* Eight or more years total industry experience (corporate, software, web, agency experience)
* Experience in shipping high-volume, high-profile, or award-winning software products preferred.
* Strong portfolio available for viewing
* Proficient in prototyping and mock up skills to convey ideas and concepts
* Expertise in Adobe or other design software [Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.]
* Understanding of DHTML, scripting, and web technologies
* Worked as a hands-on UI design practitioner for web software
* Experience in Flash, Flex, WPF, or dynamic front end software tools is preferred