Question on Pros and Cons of Offshore UXD Collaboration
16 Oct 2008 - 7:10am
7 years ago
Atul N Joshi
Our group and I work in the area of User Experience Design in the Indian
markets. Our focus has been primarily in three areas-
1) International and Indian Products and Services offered to Indian Users
2) IT companies in India who wish to offer products and services in the
international markets but lack UXD expertise. We also help them to
institutionalize / train.
3) International UXD companies who wish to leverage on "offshoring" to an
indian partner. We focus on services that may not need direct end user
involvement in the process.
I have been privately asking the following question to some of our clients
and partners. I would appreciate your views on the same.
I have put some blunt questions here:
1) What are the top benefits that have been seen while working in
an offshore UXD partnership.
2) What are the top drawbacks.
3) What are the difficulties / benefits that a split-work scenario offer
(UXD Onshore - Development Offshore or vice versa)
4) What works / does not work and why?
I assume that there could be several types of relationships and layers. I
have mentioned 3 types in which we have worked in the past, there could be
more. Please do specify anyhting in particular about any type of
relationship you may have noticed / experienced.
Look forward to your response,