JOB: NYC: Senior IA for boombastic, largest senior-level jobsite, UX recruiter (JWG)
7 Nov 2008 - 1:15pm
User Experience Architect / Sr IA - NYC
Did I get you at "boombastic"? :)
"Largest senior-level job site on Earth" headquartered in NYC with
enthusiastic, celebratory and gregarious dotcom-esque culture (kitchen full
of treats, spirited rallies/outings/events, Manifest Destiny +
forward-thinking thought process) seeks a (Sr) User Experience Architect to
join their team immediately. Headquarters in NYC. 2 European offices now
also established, with nearly 300 global employees overall.
You would be joining pre-existing UX team with a strong team collective and
many opportunities for collaboration, as well as high access and visibility
to the greater organization overall, which "gets" and has a thirst for UX.
Projects involve complex, highly transactional and content-rich web dev
builds, as well as applications, conversion pages and some marketing
sites/pages as well.
>From the client:
"As a User Experience Architect you will play an essential role in defining
and designing the user experience of our web properties. You must be
proficient in user-centered design principles and comfortable championing
those principles across the organization.
You have worked on a wide array of online products including marketing
oriented B2C, social networking and B2B sites. You know how to keep it
simple, but provide extensive functionality. You are an exceptional problem
solver, always identifying new opportunities to improve the user experience.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in the development of
web-based products and services as well as exceptional documentation skills.
The User Experience Architect must possess a blend of business and technical
savvy and be comfortable working directly with product, creative, and
technical engineering teams.
* Work with project teams to define and design user interfaces
* Work with Business Owners and Product Managers to determine user
goals and help define strategy and features for attaining those goals
* Design the entire user experience as it relates to a particular
project or program of projects
* Perform all user interface design activities: interaction design,
information architecture, etc.
* Create wireframes, site maps, schematics, process maps, feature
lists, mockups, functional specification, working prototypes and other
artifacts to describe the intended user experience
* Research target audiences, their profiles and functional needs, and
present findings in clear understandable ways
* Manage ongoing changes to product implementation in response to
analysis and market changes
* Confidently present your work to a variety of stakeholders
* 5+ years as an Information Architect or Interaction Designer
* Extensive experience conducting all user centered design activities
including competitive analysis, user research, interaction design and
* Strong knowledge of site design and aesthetics;
* Strong understanding of HTML, Ajax, CSS, and other enabling
technologies and their strengths and limitations
* Thrive in a deadline-driven, fast-paced team environment
* Excellent business and technical skills, quantitative & analytical
* Excellent presentation skills both in documentation and