Looking for interaction designer/usability specialist, Vancouver BC, TELUS, 1 yr. contract
9 Nov 2004 - 3:29pm
TELUS Business Solutions (one of Canada's leading telecommunications companies) is seeking an interaction designer & usability specialist for our Vancouver office (this is a one year contract position). In this role you will apply a user-centred design process on a variety of Web site and Web
application design and development projects to create a high quality user experience.
- Lead client and user interviews and user requirements gathering sessions. Perform task analyses. Document identified requirements.
- Define Web site/application direction and UI requirements based on business, user, functional and technical requirements.
- Perform user interface inspections - evaluate existing interfaces utilizing accepted principles (heuristics) and task-based methods.
- Design information architecture diagrams, task-flow diagrams, page storyboards, interaction rules, and prototypes to fulfill functional and user requirements for Web-based sites and applications.
- Design, set up, and facilitate usability studies, both formal and informal.
- Translate usability and field research findings into recommendations for UI improvement and development. Communicate findings to the client and project team.
- Present interface design concepts and the rationale behind these concepts to clients and the project team.
- Promote user-centred activities and best practices throughout the organization
- The ability to gather business and functional requirements (and write use cases) is a plus.
- Academic training in human factors, psychology, sociology, communications, or computer science (or similar related disciplines).
- At least three years of professional interaction design & usability experience as a key member of a UI team through the requirement gathering to product development cycle of several successfully launched Web sites and Web applications.
- A solid foundation and understanding of HCI theories and principles.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; persuasiveness; ability to give presentations.
- Proven ability to work in a team atmosphere with confidence, handling team issues with ease.
- Experience planning, facilitating, and reporting on usability studies is a must.
- Working knowledge of HTML and Web standards.
- Business analysis experience and skills (e.g. workflow analysis, document business and functional requirements) is a plus.