Come lead the next revolution from Intuit, the makers of QuickBooks, TurboTax, and Quicken. A new team within Intuit has been chartered to re-invent and re-imagine the Online Banking experience offered by Financial Institutions. It's a tall task, with the very highest expectations. So we seek entrepreneurs who embrace change and value it as healthy growth. He/she has demonstrated a deep understanding of customer needs and turning that insight into one or more online products to meet those needs, and the ability to knock down barriers in order to "make it happen". Digital Insight, an Intuit company (NASDAQ: INTU), headquartered in Calabasas, CA, is the leading online banking provider to over 1700 banks and credit unions nationwide.
Intuit's Financial Institutions Division, Digital Insight, is looking for a high-level designer with strong skills and experience in UI architecture and design. The ideal candidate will work on a cross functional team while driving the design process for our online banking applications. The ideal candidate will also be able to think in terms of end-to-end UI design, apply strategic thinking and business goals to design work, focus on usability and understand aesthetic values. Candidate will work as a hands-on UI designer and will be responsible for delivering all aspects of design from concept to working with development on implementation
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Produce great design work that shines with simplicity despite complexity of the system.
* Define implementation criteria, guidelines, and specs.
* Work with other designers, researchers, management, and your group to produce output that delights users.
* Turn ideas into amazing design.
* Be both creative and pragmatic.
* Enjoy generating and evangelizing team and product vision and have proven customer affinity and user empathy
* Hold direct responsibility for creating the user interface of key customer experiences and projects, concentrating on end-to-end scenarios and top user tasks
* Learn new technology quickly, from the core applications being developed to new design tools
* Be capable of independent design process, project, and schedule management
* Compare and contrast various design solutions, taking technical, resource, and time constraints into account
* Prioritize among competing assignments, features, user tasks and needs
* Illustrate experience in conceptual development and creative prototypes as well as tactical UI design and implementation
* Be tolerant of range of projects, from vague to well-defined, simple to complex, implementation to innovation
* Be a creative problem-solver and an effective communicator, presenter, and negotiator
* Exhibit ability to collaborate with user researchers, peer designers, and others; illustrate productive collaboration with other corporate peers and sponsors.
* Five-years plus product/interaction design, industrial design, or graphic design degree
* Degree in Design, Design related field, or equivalent experience
* Eight or more years total industry experience (corporate, software, web, agency experience)
* Strong portfolio available for viewing
* Proficient in prototyping and mock up skills to convey ideas and concepts
* Expertise in Adobe or other design software [Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.]
* Understanding of DHTML, scripting, and web technologies
* Worked as a hands-on UI design practitioner for web
* Experience in Flash, Flex, WPF, or dynamic front end software tools is preferred
* Knowledge of or experience in the Financial Services industry a plus