The User Experience Designer is at the heart of creating the "Zazzle"
experience. Their designs will engage our users to create, celebrate, and
share their interests easily and effectively, while driving Zazzle revenue
and strategic objectives. The User Experience Designer will work closely
with product management, business owners, visual designers, and engineers to
deliver the best-of-breed user experience across Zazzle.
Zazzle is growing quickly and needs a strong team to help us design, build
and market industry-leading, game changing internet experiences. If you want
to work at a place where your special talents will be recognized - where you
will actually roll up your sleeves and have impact - where you can work
beside others who are just as passionate - where you can help develop and
pioneer some of the coolest stuff on the web - where you can tell your
friends, family, and blog readers "I did that!!" - This is where you want to
* Manage interaction design of product and website features including
ecommerce experiences, from concept stage through launch
* Create elegant, effective, and usable interactive designs that delight
customers and drive growth of key businesses
* Rapidly develop wireframes and prototypes for initial concepts
* Work with requirements from business owners, product managers, and
development teams to design, specify, evolve, and launch new products
* Assess the usability of new and existing products/features, and
continually iterate on improving the user experience
* Conduct user research and usability testing for both new and existing
* Build, maintain, and enforce overall interaction consistency across the
* Work closely with visual design team to ensure visual consistency and
proper UI Style across Zazzle.
* Having fun in an exciting, rapidly growing, pre-IPO company
* 6 - 8 years of professional interaction design experience, including at
least 3 for consumer-facing internet services in a user experience or
related capacity. Experience designing web applications a plus.
* Bachelor's degree in Cognitive Science, Human-Computer Interaction or
related area required, Masters degree a plus.
* Demonstrated track record as a key team leader designing and launching
great products for consumer web sites
* Excellent understanding of user experience and interaction for the web and
* Ability to integrate site metrics and usability research into great
* Strong and creative visual design sensibilities.
* Proficient in key design tools and prototyping technologies including
Photoshop, Illustrator, and Flash.
* Proven ability to work and coordinate with multiple groups, including
business owners, product managers, software developers, senior executives,
and outside design firms.