JOB London User Experience Manager/Senior Interaction Designer Permanent
1 Dec 2008 - 12:06pm
Overall purpose of the role/key tasks:
Reporting to the Head of Product, the purpose of this role is to:
* Create, maintain and be accountable for the entire user
interaction model and overall visual design of the network of sites and
* Influence the strategy of the medium to longer term Product
With line management responsibility for a User Interface developer, you will
be responsible for all deliverables within the areas of both interaction and
visual design (information architecture, design, prototyping, client-side
development), playing a key role in the area of product definition.
This will be a hands-on role specifically in the area of functional
specification and visual design, with overall responsibility for the user
Specification, prototyping and visual design
* Working with both internal and/or external stakeholders,
you will develop high level and/or detailed storyboards, mockups, prototypes
and/or functional specs to effectively communicate your interaction and
* In doing so, you will meticulously think through every
aspect of the user experience, putting users' needs and expectations first.
* You will articulate your interaction ideas and finalised
concepts with developers so that they have a clear understanding of the user
needs, that they appreciate your solution and that your creative is
translated effectively through the technical build process.
* Through the use of web analytics you will evaluate the
effectiveness of the user experience (UI) regularly, sharing your findings
with the relevant stakeholders.
* With access to this information, you will continually seek
out improvements to the UI resulting in improved user productivity.
* You will create content hierarchies, site maps and
navigational models that are aligned with the defined, and/or expected, user
experience and business requirements, always with the objective of improving
the user experience.
* You will develop and maintain design mockups, usage
scenarios, prototypes, specifications, navigation maps and other design
* You will work closely with the client-side developer so as
to fully understand the UI potential of the platform, developing innovative
solutions which meet user interaction requirements in creative and effective
Research and best practice
Reporting and business process
Team leadership, development and management
* To have product managed end-to-end delivery of highly
successful website initiatives from concept right through to launch.
* Demonstrable hands-on experience in putting together
lightweight and effective product requirement documentation (wireframes,
storyboards, navigation flows, IA).
* An excellent knowledge of design principles and best
practices in the areas of user experience design, website navigation,
information architecture, traffic retention and SEO is required for this
* You will be conversant and strategic in your thinking
around Web 2.0 concepts
* To possess excellent interpersonal, team leadership, and
people management skills. Prior line management experience is preferable for
* Excellent at building consensus and highly motivational.
* Exceptional troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
* Results oriented with strong analytic sense and excellent
decision making capabilities.
* A fanatical eye for detail.
* Fast learner with an insatiable appetite to learn more.
* Willing to "roll-up sleeves and get hands dirty".