JOB: Senior Interaction Designer - San Francisco/Mission District - Kink.com - Full Time
17 Dec 2008 - 5:11pm
Kink.com (NSFW) is currently seeking an experienced Senior Interaction Designer for our Marketing Department. I'm the hiring manager - please feel free to ask me questions offline, but follow application instructions at the end of the e-mail if it... tickles your fancy.
The premier producer of adult media is expanding operations. This is a chance to work with a creative group of fun people utilizing the latest and greatest technology to push the envelope.
Kink.com offers a competitive compensation package that includes among other benefits, medical, dental, three weeks paid vacation and a company-matching 401(k) plan.
- Conduct stakeholder interviews, heuristic reviews, & user research to define problems.
- Create compelling design proposals (from scratch, or as fixes to existing experiences) that delight our users and generate revenue.
- Define and communicate personas, scenarios, and requirements to build consensus and excitement with users, stakeholders, engineers, and design teams.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Research and define problems in a clear and concise way
- Define what?s needed for a project ? resources, design artifacts, timelines
- Create wireframes, design specs, use cases, task flows, concept maps, flows, presentations, interactive prototypes, and anything else you have in your arsenal of communication tools. Design team is mac based, we work in Adobe for visuals and Omnigraffle for most ixd stuff.
- Hack comps together when needed, bonus points for being a full on hybrid designer
- Present and convince your work to developers and our executives
- Lead junior designers to prepare all required assets for production
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor?s degree in design or equivalent work-related experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Understand and know social networking
- You?ve got a mastery of how to design and communicate addictive interactions using the latest web frameworks. You don?t have to write Ajax and Flash apps, but you know exactly what?s possible and how to talk to engineers to keep your knowledge fresh.
- Think on your feet ? whiteboards and notebooks feature highly in your toolkit.
- Impressive and demonstrable design portfolio. Napkins, dog-eared envelopes, and rolls of butcher paper with smart ideas work too.
HOW TO APPLY:
Qualified candidates who are comfortable working in the adult entertainment industry and who have reviewed the entire Kink.com website should submit a cover letter, a link to your portfolio and resume to jobs at kink.com.