[Event] Chicago IxDA--Campaign learnings of America for make benefit glorious movement of progress
29 Dec 2008 - 2:05pm
During the last few months of the presidential campaign, Billy Belchev and
Paul Baker of Webitects traveled to Obama for America offices in swing
states studying the campaign's ground game.
Using design research methods, they recorded screens, mouse movements, and
voices as organizers "cut turf," pulled walking and calling lists, entered
volunteer information, etc. They also photographed and collected artifacts,
took videos of strategy meetings, and interviewed organizers. Their design
research will help inform the redesign of campaign software.
In very graphic terms, they will present what they learned, and how they
• Understanding business needs in relation to user needs &
• Ability to negotiate with business stakeholders
• Gain consensus on designs through peer review
• Team leadership
• Group facilitation
• Project planning and tracking, keeping to tight deadlines
• Mentorship of co-workers
• Identification tools, templates, and techniques that
evolve existing approaches for the user experience group
Desired, but not required Skills/ Experience:
• Ability to run remote testing
• TeaLeaf and Omniture experience
• Semantic Web and underlying technologies
• Semantic tagging
• Degree in Information Science
The Taxonomy Specialist will play a key role in presenting our products
As a member of the Experience Strategy & Design Group you will work
closely with Business Stakeholders (Management, Merchandising, IT) to
ensure that the Sears.com, Kmart.com and other web-based products meet
business objectives, support the brand and are useful, intuitive and
desirable to users.
You will work with multidisciplinary teams to create smart, innovative
online solutions involving:
• Understanding target audiences' needs and other motivating
factors and translating them into concepts for compelling interactions
• Planning and executing iterative user research and
analysis projects including but not limited to interviews, concept
testing, and usability testing and heuristic evaluations.
• Leading and/or participating in immersive user research,
concept testing, and usability testing.
• Collaboratively developing scenarios, navigation models,
and prototypes for demonstration of concepts to stakeholders and project
• Developing and documenting detailed information
architecture and interaction designs for highly interactive interfaces
to support business strategy, marketing strategy, and desired user
• Serving as an expert consultant during the detailed design
phase by reviewing interaction design, copy and visual design for
usability best practices.