I've gotten official approval to hire another designer to work with
me. This time we're looking for a junior person, by which I mean
someone who could be right out of school (with a good internship or
two to show) or 2-3 years' experience.
Below is the job description. Relocation assistance is not available
at this time, sorry.
This position is at our Technology Development Center in Waltham, Mass.
We seek a designer with an interest in new Web 2.0 application
interfaces to join our design group. With the right qualifications,
this is a great opportunity to move into the financial technology
trading sector with a company that is young, strong, and growing. Lime
is currently building on our world class real-time trading platform by
offering a number of Web-based applications on our new Web services
delivery platform. You will participate in design of product visual
styles and Web site content, operating in a team setting under the
direction of experienced technical leaders.
* Create design prototypes, including graphic design, color and
typographic elements, and layout of content, for Lime's Web
* Create visual concepts that match the content and the image of Lime Brokerage.
* Build Web sites using technologies that conform to international
standards and make sure that they are universally accessible.
* Perform maintenance and updates to existing Web applications as required.
* Contribute to the overall development of the Web Services platform
from the interface perspective.
* Knowledge of current Web design trends and techniques, including
HTML/CSS styling, and modern Web application design patterns. A
portfolio displaying design work is required. New graduates should
show work done in internships.
* Bachelors degree in Fine Arts or other discipline related to the
* Up to two years of experience in Web design, including evidence of
producing table-less, XHTML, standards-compliant cross browser, and
* Knowledge of XHTML, CSS, and of digital imaging and illustration
with Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator or equivalent tools, with formal
training an asset.
* Knowledge and demonstrated experience with cross-browser and
cross-platform issues (IE, Firefox, Safari, etc.)
* Experience creating applications with Adobe Web technologies (Flex
and Flash) a definite plus.
* Very good spoken and written English.
* Attention to detail and creativity in problem-solving.
* Ability to work in a team and to communicate in a clear way.