Why are there no "Executive MFA / IxD" programs? (response to RPI online HCI program phase out)

25 Feb 2009 - 12:20pm
5 years ago
11 replies
1856 reads
Phil Chung
2007

Interesting, I didn't know online HCI grad programs even existed.

On a related note, I do wish that a premier design school (e.g. RISD, Art Center, SVA, New School, CMU) would step up and address the need for online / part-time IxD "executive MFA" program for practitioners, along the executive MBA model with a mix of online learning and on campus sessions. Forgive me if I've overlooked an existing program, but it seems (just based on this discussion list) that there is a significant demand for this option, particularly with the current economic pressures. Employed designers could leverage company sponsorship to work towards their "executive MFA" using online materials with infrequent on campus (2-3 all weekend sessions per semester) crits / intensive workshops to address the need for face-to-face interaction. It seems like the field has matured to a point where programs like this should exist, does it not?

________________________________
From: Becky Reed <breed at healthwise.org>
To: sharon <sharongreenfield at gmail.com>; IxDA <discuss at ixda.org>
Sent: Wednesday, February 25, 2009 11:45:52 AM
Subject: Re: [IxDA Discuss] Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute phasing out online HCI program

I wonder how much of it goes back to findability and information architecture (but I can be a little biased thinking most problems come back to these things).

Placement in search engine isn't really high (and didn't even seem them for "online hci program" and the like) and then the description provided seemed accidental and had an odd subdomained URL that didn't give you the university's name or program in it.

When you go to the program site you arrive at from some of the more obscure search terms, I didn't see a mention of format (online vs oncampus). There was a link for "working professionals". Mmmm...here's the mention: "live on-campus and, by electronic means". I guess in the months I spent searching for an online program I never Googled for "masters program HCI electronic means".

In my experience, disambiguating on-campus only programs from distance ones was a challenge. Trying to winnow them down via search engine alone was impossible and even as noted above...it was kind of a treasure hunt on their program sites.

I went with an barely online Human Factors program through U of Idaho last year and would have certainly looked at Rensselaer's HCI program as I could have taken it "by electronic means".

Becky

-----Original Message-----
From: discuss-bounces at lists.interactiondesigners.com [mailto:discuss-bounces at lists.interactiondesigners.com] On Behalf Of sharon
Sent: Tuesday, February 24, 2009 4:23 PM
To: IxDA
Subject: [IxDA Discuss] Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute phasing out online HCI program

Why is noone interested in this program?
There are only two online HCI programs to my knowledge - Rensselaer's
and Brigham Young University.
RPI's name has cachet and prestige. I know some nuclear engineers who
graduated from RPI - smart school for smart people.

I think they are phasing the online HCI program out because they
didn't have enough applicants.
Does no one have an interest in working while getting a degree remotely?

Just checking the temperature here...
________________________________________________________________
Welcome to the Interaction Design Association (IxDA)!
To post to this list ....... discuss at ixda.org
Unsubscribe ................ http://www.ixda.org/unsubscribe
List Guidelines ............ http://www.ixda.org/guidelines
List Help .................. http://www.ixda.org/help

________________________________________________________________
Welcome to the Interaction Design Association (IxDA)!
To post to this list ....... discuss at ixda.org
Unsubscribe ................ http://www.ixda.org/unsubscribe
List Guidelines ............ http://www.ixda.org/guidelines
List Help .................. http://www.ixda.org/help

Comments

25 Feb 2009 - 12:41pm
Peter Bagnall
2003

Lancaster Uni in the UK is now offering a masters course from three
departments - design, the management school and computing. It's the
MRes in HCI. There is also an extended 4 year course which adds a phd
onto that from the same departments. Might be of interest to some.
highwire.lancaster.ac.uk

Cheers
--Pete

On 25 Feb 2009, at 17:20, Phil Chung <gradlife79 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Interesting, I didn't know online HCI grad programs even existed.
>
> On a related note, I do wish that a premier design school (e.g.
> RISD, Art Center, SVA, New School, CMU) would step up and address
> the need for online / part-time IxD "executive MFA" program for
> practitioners, along the executive MBA model with a mix of online
> learning and on campus sessions. Forgive me if I've overlooked an
> existing program, but it seems (just based on this discussion list)
> that there is a significant demand for this option, particularly
> with the current economic pressures. Employed designers could
> leverage company sponsorship to work towards their "executive MFA"
> using online materials with infrequent on campus (2-3 all weekend
> sessions per semester) crits / intensive workshops to address the
> need for face-to-face interaction. It seems like the field has
> matured to a point where programs like this should exist, does it not?
>
>
>
>
> ________________________________
> From: Becky Reed <breed at healthwise.org>
> To: sharon <sharongreenfield at gmail.com>; IxDA <discuss at ixda.org>
> Sent: Wednesday, February 25, 2009 11:45:52 AM
> Subject: Re: [IxDA Discuss] Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute phasing
> out online HCI program
>
> I wonder how much of it goes back to findability and information
> architecture (but I can be a little biased thinking most problems
> come back to these things).
>
> Placement in search engine isn't really high (and didn't even seem
> them for "online hci program" and the like) and then the description
> provided seemed accidental and had an odd subdomained URL that
> didn't give you the university's name or program in it.
>
> When you go to the program site you arrive at from some of the more
> obscure search terms, I didn't see a mention of format (online vs
> oncampus). There was a link for "working professionals".
> Mmmm...here's the mention: "live on-campus and, by electronic
> means". I guess in the months I spent searching for an online
> program I never Googled for "masters program HCI electronic means".
>
> In my experience, disambiguating on-campus only programs from
> distance ones was a challenge. Trying to winnow them down via search
> engine alone was impossible and even as noted above...it was kind of
> a treasure hunt on their program sites.
>
> I went with an barely online Human Factors program through U of
> Idaho last year and would have certainly looked at Rensselaer's HCI
> program as I could have taken it "by electronic means".
>
> Becky
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: discuss-bounces at lists.interactiondesigners.com [mailto:discuss-bounces at lists.interactiondesigners.com
> ] On Behalf Of sharon
> Sent: Tuesday, February 24, 2009 4:23 PM
> To: IxDA
> Subject: [IxDA Discuss] Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute phasing out
> online HCI program
>
> Why is noone interested in this program?
> There are only two online HCI programs to my knowledge - Rensselaer's
> and Brigham Young University.
> RPI's name has cachet and prestige. I know some nuclear engineers who
> graduated from RPI - smart school for smart people.
>
> I think they are phasing the online HCI program out because they
> didn't have enough applicants.
> Does no one have an interest in working while getting a degree
> remotely?
>
> Just checking the temperature here...
> ________________________________________________________________
> Welcome to the Interaction Design Association (IxDA)!
> To post to this list ....... discuss at ixda.org
> Unsubscribe ................ http://www.ixda.org/unsubscribe
> List Guidelines ............ http://www.ixda.org/guidelines
> List Help .................. http://www.ixda.org/help
>
>
> ________________________________________________________________
> Welcome to the Interaction Design Association (IxDA)!
> To post to this list ....... discuss at ixda.org
> Unsubscribe ................ http://www.ixda.org/unsubscribe
> List Guidelines ............ http://www.ixda.org/guidelines
> List Help .................. http://www.ixda.org/help
>
>
>
>
> ________________________________________________________________
> Welcome to the Interaction Design Association (IxDA)!
> To post to this list ....... discuss at ixda.org
> Unsubscribe ................ http://www.ixda.org/unsubscribe
> List Guidelines ............ http://www.ixda.org/guidelines
> List Help .................. http://www.ixda.org/help

25 Feb 2009 - 12:42pm
jet
2008

(No research here, just my personal experience/opinion....)

I worked my way through college for my first undergrad degree (BA
Journalism/CS, took me 7 years) and tried to work while going to school
for my second degree (BFA ID). I finally gave in and took unpaid leave
to get a Master's, and I'm very glad I went this route. I'm getting so
much more out of classes now that I can focus %100 of my time and energy
on learning/trying/doing instead of having work interruptions and
continual context shifts.

Also, I've taken classes with people in the MFA Interaction Design
program at CMU, and I think part of the value is that you focus on
nothing but school and research for two years. I know that some of the
students keep part-time jobs, but I honestly believe they're missing out
on some important experiences in the studio when they're not doing
assignments.

IMHO, if you have the choice of not working and living on loans and
getting the degree in 2 years, do it. Having the mental freedom to
think wide and deep is worth it in the long run.

Phil Chung wrote:
> Interesting, I didn't know online HCI grad programs even existed.
>
> On a related note, I do wish that a premier design school (e.g. RISD, Art Center, SVA, New School, CMU) would step up and address the need for online / part-time IxD "executive MFA" program for practitioners, along the executive MBA model with a mix of online learning and on campus sessions. Forgive me if I've overlooked an existing program, but it seems (just based on this discussion list) that there is a significant demand for this option, particularly with the current economic pressures. Employed designers could leverage company sponsorship to work towards their "executive MFA" using online materials with infrequent on campus (2-3 all weekend sessions per semester) crits / intensive workshops to address the need for face-to-face interaction. It seems like the field has matured to a point where programs like this should exist, does it not?
>
>
>
>
> ________________________________
> From: Becky Reed <breed at healthwise.org>
> To: sharon <sharongreenfield at gmail.com>; IxDA <discuss at ixda.org>
> Sent: Wednesday, February 25, 2009 11:45:52 AM
> Subject: Re: [IxDA Discuss] Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute phasing out online HCI program
>
> I wonder how much of it goes back to findability and information architecture (but I can be a little biased thinking most problems come back to these things).
>
> Placement in search engine isn't really high (and didn't even seem them for "online hci program" and the like) and then the description provided seemed accidental and had an odd subdomained URL that didn't give you the university's name or program in it.
>
> When you go to the program site you arrive at from some of the more obscure search terms, I didn't see a mention of format (online vs oncampus). There was a link for "working professionals". Mmmm...here's the mention: "live on-campus and, by electronic means". I guess in the months I spent searching for an online program I never Googled for "masters program HCI electronic means".
>
> In my experience, disambiguating on-campus only programs from distance ones was a challenge. Trying to winnow them down via search engine alone was impossible and even as noted above...it was kind of a treasure hunt on their program sites.
>
> I went with an barely online Human Factors program through U of Idaho last year and would have certainly looked at Rensselaer's HCI program as I could have taken it "by electronic means".
>
> Becky
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: discuss-bounces at lists.interactiondesigners.com [mailto:discuss-bounces at lists.interactiondesigners.com] On Behalf Of sharon
> Sent: Tuesday, February 24, 2009 4:23 PM
> To: IxDA
> Subject: [IxDA Discuss] Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute phasing out online HCI program
>
> Why is noone interested in this program?
> There are only two online HCI programs to my knowledge - Rensselaer's
> and Brigham Young University.
> RPI's name has cachet and prestige. I know some nuclear engineers who
> graduated from RPI - smart school for smart people.
>
> I think they are phasing the online HCI program out because they
> didn't have enough applicants.
> Does no one have an interest in working while getting a degree remotely?
>
> Just checking the temperature here...
> ________________________________________________________________
> Welcome to the Interaction Design Association (IxDA)!
> To post to this list ....... discuss at ixda.org
> Unsubscribe ................ http://www.ixda.org/unsubscribe
> List Guidelines ............ http://www.ixda.org/guidelines
> List Help .................. http://www.ixda.org/help
>
>
> ________________________________________________________________
> Welcome to the Interaction Design Association (IxDA)!
> To post to this list ....... discuss at ixda.org
> Unsubscribe ................ http://www.ixda.org/unsubscribe
> List Guidelines ............ http://www.ixda.org/guidelines
> List Help .................. http://www.ixda.org/help
>
>
>
>
> ________________________________________________________________
> Welcome to the Interaction Design Association (IxDA)!
> To post to this list ....... discuss at ixda.org
> Unsubscribe ................ http://www.ixda.org/unsubscribe
> List Guidelines ............ http://www.ixda.org/guidelines
> List Help .................. http://www.ixda.org/help
>

--
J. Eric "jet" Townsend, CMU Master of Tangible Interaction Design '09

design: www.allartburns.org; hacking: www.flatline.net; HF: KG6ZVQ
PGP: 0xD0D8C2E8 AC9B 0A23 C61A 1B4A 27C5 F799 A681 3C11 D0D8 C2E8

25 Feb 2009 - 2:18pm
Phil Chung
2007

Personally, I'm finding that I'm able to apply what I learn in the classroom (part-time grad business program) directly to my job. My experience with a full-time grad program in HCI was the same as others (i.e. I loved having time to really ruminate on things), but there are plenty of full-time options for HCI / IxD study already.

I get the sense that a lot of experienced folks working as designers already would be interested in an executive-type MFA (IxD) program to hone their skills and boost their resume to let them apply for those "advanced degree" jobs without destroying their wallet or leaving their stable job in this economy. I may be overlooking something from the educational side, but I can't imagine that the overhead costs to add a part-time option would that high for these institutions. If the demand is there (and it seems to be), they may be overlooking a potentially large source of revenue. But I'm not in educational administration, so I could be missing a part of the business equation. Maybe requiring students to come on campus for a few sessions (even midterm crits) would be a major deal breaker for some, such as Michael brought up regarding the RPI program.

________________________________
From: j. eric townsend <jet at flatline.net>
To: discuss at ixda.org
Sent: Wednesday, February 25, 2009 12:42:31 PM
Subject: Re: [IxDA Discuss] Why are there no "Executive MFA / IxD" programs? (response to RPI online HCI program phase out)

(No research here, just my personal experience/opinion....)

I worked my way through college for my first undergrad degree (BA Journalism/CS, took me 7 years) and tried to work while going to school for my second degree (BFA ID). I finally gave in and took unpaid leave to get a Master's, and I'm very glad I went this route. I'm getting so much more out of classes now that I can focus %100 of my time and energy on learning/trying/doing instead of having work interruptions and continual context shifts.

Also, I've taken classes with people in the MFA Interaction Design program at CMU, and I think part of the value is that you focus on nothing but school and research for two years. I know that some of the students keep part-time jobs, but I honestly believe they're missing out on some important experiences in the studio when they're not doing assignments.

IMHO, if you have the choice of not working and living on loans and getting the degree in 2 years, do it. Having the mental freedom to think wide and deep is worth it in the long run.

Phil Chung wrote:
> Interesting, I didn't know online HCI grad programs even existed.
>
> On a related note, I do wish that a premier design school (e.g. RISD, Art Center, SVA, New School, CMU) would step up and address the need for online / part-time IxD "executive MFA" program for practitioners, along the executive MBA model with a mix of online learning and on campus sessions. Forgive me if I've overlooked an existing program, but it seems (just based on this discussion list) that there is a significant demand for this option, particularly with the current economic pressures. Employed designers could leverage company sponsorship to work towards their "executive MFA" using online materials with infrequent on campus (2-3 all weekend sessions per semester) crits / intensive workshops to address the need for face-to-face interaction. It seems like the field has matured to a point where programs like this should exist, does it not?
>
>
>
>
> ________________________________
> From: Becky Reed <breed at healthwise.org>
> To: sharon <sharongreenfield at gmail.com>; IxDA <discuss at ixda.org>
> Sent: Wednesday, February 25, 2009 11:45:52 AM
> Subject: Re: [IxDA Discuss] Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute phasing out online HCI program
>
> I wonder how much of it goes back to findability and information architecture (but I can be a little biased thinking most problems come back to these things).
>
> Placement in search engine isn't really high (and didn't even seem them for "online hci program" and the like) and then the description provided seemed accidental and had an odd subdomained URL that didn't give you the university's name or program in it.
>
> When you go to the program site you arrive at from some of the more obscure search terms, I didn't see a mention of format (online vs oncampus). There was a link for "working professionals". Mmmm...here's the mention: "live on-campus and, by electronic means". I guess in the months I spent searching for an online program I never Googled for "masters program HCI electronic means".
>
> In my experience, disambiguating on-campus only programs from distance ones was a challenge. Trying to winnow them down via search engine alone was impossible and even as noted above...it was kind of a treasure hunt on their program sites.
>
> I went with an barely online Human Factors program through U of Idaho last year and would have certainly looked at Rensselaer's HCI program as I could have taken it "by electronic means".
>
> Becky
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: discuss-bounces at lists.interactiondesigners.com [mailto:discuss-bounces at lists.interactiondesigners.com] On Behalf Of sharon
> Sent: Tuesday, February 24, 2009 4:23 PM
> To: IxDA
> Subject: [IxDA Discuss] Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute phasing out online HCI program
>
> Why is noone interested in this program?
> There are only two online HCI programs to my knowledge - Rensselaer's and Brigham Young University.
> RPI's name has cachet and prestige. I know some nuclear engineers who graduated from RPI - smart school for smart people.
>
> I think they are phasing the online HCI program out because they didn't have enough applicants.
> Does no one have an interest in working while getting a degree remotely?
>
> Just checking the temperature here...
> ________________________________________________________________
> Welcome to the Interaction Design Association (IxDA)!
> To post to this list ....... discuss at ixda.org
> Unsubscribe ................ http://www.ixda.org/unsubscribe
> List Guidelines ............ http://www.ixda.org/guidelines
> List Help .................. http://www.ixda.org/help
>
>
> ________________________________________________________________
> Welcome to the Interaction Design Association (IxDA)!
> To post to this list ....... discuss at ixda.org
> Unsubscribe ................ http://www.ixda.org/unsubscribe
> List Guidelines ............ http://www.ixda.org/guidelines
> List Help .................. http://www.ixda.org/help
>
>
>
> ________________________________________________________________
> Welcome to the Interaction Design Association (IxDA)!
> To post to this list ....... discuss at ixda.org
> Unsubscribe ................ http://www.ixda.org/unsubscribe
> List Guidelines ............ http://www.ixda.org/guidelines
> List Help .................. http://www.ixda.org/help
>

-- J. Eric "jet" Townsend, CMU Master of Tangible Interaction Design '09

design: www.allartburns.org; hacking: www.flatline.net; HF: KG6ZVQ
PGP: 0xD0D8C2E8 AC9B 0A23 C61A 1B4A 27C5 F799 A681 3C11 D0D8 C2E8
________________________________________________________________
Welcome to the Interaction Design Association (IxDA)!
To post to this list ....... discuss at ixda.org
Unsubscribe ................ http://www.ixda.org/unsubscribe
List Guidelines ............ http://www.ixda.org/guidelines
List Help .................. http://www.ixda.org/help

25 Feb 2009 - 2:33pm
Dan Saffer
2003

<http://www.cca.edu/academics/graduate/designmba>

The MBA in Design Strategy equips students to lead organizations from
the unique perspective of design thinking. By uniting the studies of
design, finance, strategy, and sustainability, we provide the tools to
manage in today's interconnected markets with a vision of business as
sustainable, meaningful, ethical, profitable, and truly innovative.

Our groundbreaking full-time MBA program helps next-generation leaders
imagine and create a better world through innovative change. Our
program's flexible structure (five once-a-month, four-day weekends of
instruction and interaction each semester) allows students to commute
from outside the Bay Area, combining 12 full-time, in-person
instruction with 3 credits of online and other telecommunication tools
to facilitate effective learning.

Help create socially responsive, culturally relevant, and
technologically appropriate lasting value.

25 Feb 2009 - 3:31pm
Michael Martine...
2008

I'm still researching schools that offer an HCI program. The closest
thing i've seen for what you're looking for is the MBA in design
strategy at the California College of the Arts in San Francisco.
It's not HCI-focused, but they are very open to students crafting
their own program. It could easily be reoriented towards HCI topics.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Posted from the new ixda.org
http://www.ixda.org/discuss?post=39212

25 Feb 2009 - 4:48pm
Sharon Greenfield5
2008

This is most certainly NOT a distance learning program.

On Feb 25, 2009, at 11:33 AM, Dan Saffer wrote:

> <http://www.cca.edu/academics/graduate/designmba>
>
> The MBA in Design Strategy equips students to lead organizations
> from the unique perspective of design thinking. By uniting the
> studies of design, finance, strategy, and sustainability, we provide
> the tools to manage in today's interconnected markets with a vision
> of business as sustainable, meaningful, ethical, profitable, and
> truly innovative.
>
> Our groundbreaking full-time MBA program helps next-generation
> leaders imagine and create a better world through innovative change.
> Our program's flexible structure (five once-a-month, four-day
> weekends of instruction and interaction each semester) allows
> students to commute from outside the Bay Area, combining 12 full-
> time, in-person instruction with 3 credits of online and other
> telecommunication tools to facilitate effective learning.
>
> Help create socially responsive, culturally relevant, and
> technologically appropriate lasting value.

25 Feb 2009 - 4:59pm
pyces
2007

I'm not sure exactly what would be in an Executive MFA program and you
may be wanting more flexibility, but for HCI or Human Factors, Bentley
University in Waltham, MA, offers a joint MBA/MS HFID (human factors in
information design - some courses include: cog psych (HF), UI design,
user testing, AI, business process improvement, managing user-centered
design teams, and many other HF and business courses) program.

www.bentley.edu

-----Original Message-----
From: discuss-bounces at lists.interactiondesigners.com
[mailto:discuss-bounces at lists.interactiondesigners.com] On Behalf Of
Michael Martinez-Campos
Sent: Wednesday, February 25, 2009 7:32 AM
To: discuss at ixda.org
Subject: Re: [IxDA Discuss] Why are there no "Executive MFA / IxD"
programs? (response to RPI online HCI program phase out)

I'm still researching schools that offer an HCI program. The closest
thing i've seen for what you're looking for is the MBA in design
strategy at the California College of the Arts in San Francisco.
It's not HCI-focused, but they are very open to students crafting
their own program. It could easily be reoriented towards HCI topics.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Posted from the new ixda.org
http://www.ixda.org/discuss?post=39212

________________________________________________________________
Welcome to the Interaction Design Association (IxDA)!
To post to this list ....... discuss at ixda.org
Unsubscribe ................ http://www.ixda.org/unsubscribe
List Guidelines ............ http://www.ixda.org/guidelines
List Help .................. http://www.ixda.org/help

25 Feb 2009 - 5:05pm
Sharon Greenfield5
2008

Again, this is not a Distance Learning program, so does not apply.

On Feb 25, 2009, at 1:59 PM, Jordan, Courtney wrote:

> I'm not sure exactly what would be in an Executive MFA program and you
> may be wanting more flexibility, but for HCI or Human Factors, Bentley
> University in Waltham, MA, offers a joint MBA/MS HFID (human factors
> in
> information design - some courses include: cog psych (HF), UI design,
> user testing, AI, business process improvement, managing user-centered
> design teams, and many other HF and business courses) program.
>
> www.bentley.edu
>

25 Feb 2009 - 6:01pm
Chris Bernard
2007

Institute of Design in Chicago has an MDM program (Master of Design Methods) which can be done part time and DePaul University does offer a Masters in HCI through its computer design group I think. Would be worth seeing if Georgia Tech or Carnegie Mellon had tailored programs like this too.

You can learn more about IDs program at www.id.iit.edu

-----Original Message-----
From: discuss-bounces at lists.interactiondesigners.com [mailto:discuss-bounces at lists.interactiondesigners.com] On Behalf Of Jordan, Courtney
Sent: Wednesday, February 25, 2009 4:00 PM
To: Michael Martinez-Campos; discuss at ixda.org
Subject: Re: [IxDA Discuss] Why are there no "Executive MFA / IxD" programs? (response to RPI online HCI program phase out)

I'm not sure exactly what would be in an Executive MFA program and you
may be wanting more flexibility, but for HCI or Human Factors, Bentley
University in Waltham, MA, offers a joint MBA/MS HFID (human factors in
information design - some courses include: cog psych (HF), UI design,
user testing, AI, business process improvement, managing user-centered
design teams, and many other HF and business courses) program.

www.bentley.edu

-----Original Message-----
From: discuss-bounces at lists.interactiondesigners.com
[mailto:discuss-bounces at lists.interactiondesigners.com] On Behalf Of
Michael Martinez-Campos
Sent: Wednesday, February 25, 2009 7:32 AM
To: discuss at ixda.org
Subject: Re: [IxDA Discuss] Why are there no "Executive MFA / IxD"
programs? (response to RPI online HCI program phase out)

I'm still researching schools that offer an HCI program. The closest
thing i've seen for what you're looking for is the MBA in design
strategy at the California College of the Arts in San Francisco.
It's not HCI-focused, but they are very open to students crafting
their own program. It could easily be reoriented towards HCI topics.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Posted from the new ixda.org
http://www.ixda.org/discuss?post=39212

________________________________________________________________
Welcome to the Interaction Design Association (IxDA)!
To post to this list ....... discuss at ixda.org
Unsubscribe ................ http://www.ixda.org/unsubscribe
List Guidelines ............ http://www.ixda.org/guidelines
List Help .................. http://www.ixda.org/help

________________________________________________________________
Welcome to the Interaction Design Association (IxDA)!
To post to this list ....... discuss at ixda.org
Unsubscribe ................ http://www.ixda.org/unsubscribe
List Guidelines ............ http://www.ixda.org/guidelines
List Help .................. http://www.ixda.org/help

25 Feb 2009 - 6:10pm
Scott McDaniel
2007

On Wed, Feb 25, 2009 at 5:05 PM, live <human.factor.one at gmail.com> wrote:
> Again, this is not a Distance Learning program, so does not apply.

Some of these are addressing the question of part-time programs.

Scott

--
"I have mad skills at doing spazzy things." - Janiene West

25 Feb 2009 - 7:19pm
Dave Malouf
2005

This one didn't get into this thread, so I thought I'd add it here.
Pratt's Design Management Masters:
http://www.pratt.edu/design_management

Here is the schedule of the course:

"The DMP%u2019s academic calendar is modeled after successful
executive M.B.A. programs. Its schedule of alternating weekends
(Saturdays and Sundays) allows participants to carry their full job
responsibilities while they study. Two seven-day weeks%u2014at the
beginning and middle of the program%u2014and an intensive integration
experience at the end of the program provide the opportunity for
several brief, intensive courses, including behavioral simulation and
negotiating modules. These weeks establish and maintain relationships
among students in each class, which many participants in executive
programs consider especially valuable. "

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Posted from the new ixda.org
http://www.ixda.org/discuss?post=39212

Syndicate content Get the feed