Actuate Corporation is looking for a senior level user interface designer to work in Product Development and lead the UI design on the open source Eclipse BIRT (Business Intelligence and Reporting Tools) project and Actuate enterprise reporting products.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Gather user requirements, design user task flows, design conceptual mockups and wireframes, conduct design reviews, define user interface specifications, and work with engineering to implement interface for enterprise reporting applications.
· Work closely with software engineers, product managers, technical writers, quality assurance and user interface design to design product interfaces
· Define user interface guidelines for Actuate products
· Produce graphical user interface design that is easy to use for its target end user.
· Conduct usability tests for Actuate report designer products, and improve the product based on the feedbacks.
· Understand product requirement specifications.
· Understand the usage of the product and the businesses problems that information application addresses.
· Understand technical feasibility of a graphical user interface.
· Follow rigorous Actuate software development process to achieve product development goals and time frames
· Promote Actuate UI design process and user centered design
BS or MS in Human Computer Interaction, Computer Science, Cognitive Psychology, Design
Minimum of 5 years of development experience in graphical user interface design and usability
Minimum 2 years experience designing interfaces for enterprise applications
Knowledge of Windows UI Guidelines
Experience of designing graphical user interface for client software and web software
Experience designing interfaces for developer products.
Experience of Eclipse based application UI design is a plus.
Experience with open source software a plus
Good verbal and written communication skills.
Experience with Visio, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, HTML, prototyping required
Actuate Corporation is the world leader in Enterprise Reporting Applications that ensure 100% adoption by users. Actuate's Enterprise Reporting Application Platform is the foundation on which Global 9000 organizations (companies with annual revenues greater than $1 billion) and packaged application software vendors develop intuitive, Web portal-like reporting and analytic applications that empower 100% of users with decision-making information. Actuate is based in South San Francisco.