Job-Experience Design Manager-Menlo Park, CA--Intuit--Full Time
19 May 2009 - 1:19am
5 years ago
Hello there members. If you know of any strong leaders in the SW/Internet space please send them my way. Thanks in advance!!!!
As Intuit looks to innovate and expand the way we serve our customers, online delivery of our products and services will play a major part in Intuit's growth. In the world of online service and delivery, access to data and information becomes the most important element to ensuring the success of our customers. This shift from a more traditional software delivery model means that Intuit is expanding our team and attracting the best talent in 3 top areas of growth for our company: Social/Web 2.0, Global, and Mobil.
The hands-on Experience Design Manager is responsible for inspiring individuals and teams across the Quicken HealthCare Group (QHG). This individual will work with Product Development, Product Management, Marketing and others to provide the leadership and direction necessary to deliver great end-to-end user experiences that establish QHG as an inspiring, respected, savvy, effective industry leader. This individual will also work with external partners to create the best end-to-end user experiences that delight our customers.
This leader will have a proven track record in setting a vision for great customer experiences, inspiring others to get behind the vision, and ultimately delivering products and services that are known for their delightful experience and ease of use. The individual will have 10+ years of demonstrated results as a practitioner of design and research. He/she will bring deep knowledge of innovation, customer research, ideation, storytelling, prototyping, design frameworks, concept visualization, etc and will inspire the 5-person Experience Design team to produce great outcomes. In addition, this person will have a demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively with a variety of business leaders, technology leaders, Product Managers and other key people to develop large growth businesses
* Strong leadership and change management skills, being able to galvanize energy and great people around delighting customers through great user experiences, and insure successful implementation through influence and hands-on leadership
* Strong understanding of software products and services environments for healthcare businesses and consumer customers, while also having a strong business sense and appreciation
* Experience attracting, developing, and exciting Experience Design talent
* Great communication skills, being able to paint an exciting vision for experience design and drive it into practical reality
* Regularly doing hands-on design and research work. ~30% of this person's time will be hands-on design/research
* 10+ years of significant track record in defining and delivering great user experiences in software products and services to a large number of customers
* Demonstrated ability to paint a vision for experience design and deliver on it
* Master's in interaction design, the social sciences, or related fields
* Excellent command of: user experience methods, design principles, problem-framing skills, verbal and written communication skills
* Exemplary ability to build positive, collaborative relationships across teams/groups/functions through facilitative leadership, and to "raise the bar" continually as an effective leader of positive change
* Strong track-record of developing and hiring great people
* Experience, comfort and track-record in dealing at all levels in a large organization, and in leading both through influence and hands-on ownership
Intuit Inc. (Nasdaq: INTU) <http://secfilings.nasdaq.com/edgar_conv_html%2f2007%2f09%2f14%2f0000950134-07-020001.html#FIS_BUSINESS> , is a leading provider of business and financial management solutions for small and mid-sized businesses; financial institutions, including banks and credit unions; consumers and accounting professionals. Our flagship products and services, including QuickBooks <http://quickbooks.intuit.com/> , Quicken <http://quicken.intuit.com/> and TurboTax <http://turbotax.intuit.com/> software, simplify small business management and payroll processing, personal finance, and tax preparation and filing. ProSeries <http://proseries.intuit.com/> and Lacerte <http://www.lacertesoftware.com/> are Intuit's leading tax preparation software suites for professional accountants. The company's financial institutions division, anchored by Digital Insight <http://www.digitalinsight.com/> , provides on-demand banking services to help banks and credit unions serve businesses and consumers with innovative solutions. Founded in 1983, Intuit had annual revenue of $3.1 billion in its fiscal year 2008. The company has approximately 8,000 employees with major offices in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom and other locations. More information is available at www.intuit.com <http://www.intuit.com/> . Intuit was named the "World's Most Admired Software Company" by Fortune Magazine in 2009, in addition to being named "America's Most Admired Software Company," from 2005 - 2008. In January, Intuit was named to Fortune's "100 Best Companies to Work For," list, 2009, for the eighth consecutive year.