[EVENT] Chicago IxDA - Panel Discussion: UX and Agile, Together at last?
3 Jun 2009 - 12:07am
7 years ago
Chicago IxDA - June Event - UX & Agile, Together at Last
On Wednesday, June 10th, 2009, IxDA Chicago along with ThoughtWorks
Inc. are hosting a panel discussion on the success stories and the
hurdles traversed in integrating User Experience Design witih the
Agile Software Develpoment process.
What is UX?
Chances are you have your own opinions about what is User Experience
and Interaction Design. This is well covered territory.
What is Agile?
Slightly less well known within UX circles is the collection of
software development methods that make up the Agile process. In short,
it's summarized as:
- iterative development (start small; add, add, and then add some more)
- self-organizing groups (need something from the designer, walk over
and talk to him/her)
- cross-functional teams (everyone working together)
Or, as outlined within the "Agile Manifesto":
- Individuals and interactions -- over processes and tools
- Working software -- over comprehensive documentation
- Customer collaboration -- over contract negotiation
- Responding to change -- over following a plan
Putting UX and Agile together?
Things move pretty fast on an Agile project; how can user testing and
audience research be included in such an environment? Is Agile
something that would work for your workplace or an upcoming project?
To learn the answers, attend the panel discussion.
June 10th, 2009
200 E Randolph Street