*Design for All: Usability, Accessibility & Creativity*
Call for Papers
New technologies of the Information Age making products and services evolve
very quickly but the human diversity in age, culture and abilities making it
difficult for all the consumers to take advantage of new possibilities of
technologies. The human diversity in age, culture and abilities poses
challenges for all planners, designers, technologist and entrepreneurs, to
focus their attention to the design for human diversity, social inclusion
As part of the USID2009 pre-conference event, USID India invites students,
researchers and professionals to submit their research papers on the
following key areas under the main theme of the USID2009 conference *“Design
for All: Usability, Accessibility & Creativity”***
- On line Services e.g. (Financial, Travel & Ticketing, Online
search/enquiry services etc.)
- Mobile Applications (e.g. Mobile Communication, GPS, etc.)
- Enterprise Software products and applications
- Consumer products and applications (e.g. appliances, gadgets etc.)
- Medical & Health care products/applications (Diagnostics and Patient
Info. Systems etc.)
- Physical spaces (Architecture, Public places etc.)
*GUILDELINES FOR SUBMISSION*
· All submissions must be in English and must include title and
author information, including author affiliations.
· Submissions must not contain proprietary or confidential material
and should not cite proprietary or confidential publications.
· All submissions must be in the camera-ready format (PDF). Due to
tight publication schedules, revisions will not be possible. The submitted
PDF version will be considered the final version of the paper.
· We recommend that you register using an e-mail address for
communication between the review panel and the individuals. Important
information will be distributed via e-mail for individuals invited to attend
the conference, which must be acted on in a timely fashion.
This is open to the professionals, academicians and students.* *
Each paper submission will be distributed to and reviewed by experts. Care
will be taken to avoid conflicts of interest/affiliation when matching
reviewers and participants.
Submissions are reviewed based on:
· Originality of the content
· Quality of the content
· Relevance to the theme
· Clarity of the written presentation
The papers short listed by the review panel will be presented during the
USID 2009 and all accepted papers will be published in the USID 2009
Conference Proceedings. Teams will be notified of acceptance or rejection by
August 14th, 2009. Authors of selected papers will be expected to attend the
conference in order to present their submissions to other conference
attendees. USID India will also notify the authors through email or phone
and also through post.