Fotolia, an international provider of affordable stock currently has an
opening for a UX/UI Designer to join their Canadian division in Calgary
Fotolia.com is has a database of over five million images and over one
million international members. With web sites in 10 languages, Fotolia,
LLC is based in New York and has offices in 11 countries.
This candidate’s primary responsibilities would be to analyse the current
site to improve design, UX and flow. As well as to propose, execute, and
implement new pages on an ongoing basis. What we need to see is some really
great ideas after the analysis.
If you think you’re the right fit or someone in your network is email me for
Fotolia.com is one of the world's leading providers of affordable stock
imagery, with a database of over five million images and over one million
international members. With web sites in 10 languages, Fotolia, LLC is based
in New York and has offices in 11 countries. In 2007, Fotolia became the
first independent microstock agency to enter the traditional stock
marketplace with the launch of Fotolia Infinite Collections. For more
information, please visit www.fotolia.com.
Fotolia is a small, highly-talented, strike-force-like team on the edge of
conquering the stock photography world! We need to add to this aggressive
group of individuals, does this sound like you so far? Have you managed to
avoid O&G? Do you know who Guy Kawasaki, Michael Arrington, Larry & Sergei,
and Evan & Biz are? Do you actually know the difference between SEO & SEM?
If you can answer YES, then read on. If you don’t have a favourite blogger?
*UX/UI Designer *
· Analysis of the current site to improve design, UX and flow, so obviously
this is crucial to your role at Fotolia, what we need to see is some really
great ideas after the analysis
· Propose, execute, and implement new pages on an ongoing basis, this point
will help you keep your job longer, if you keep creating really cool stuff
we can stay in business longer, everyone wins
· Implement recommendations made by SEO/SEM Analysts
· Develop new pages for business development and marketing purposes, really
the same concept as the second point
· Occasionally design print collateral, we know this may not be your chosen
forte but it?s always a good idea to have some really cool print materials
for trade shows and such, just think a whole booth designed by you
· Working with our technical team in France, the business team in Calgary
and the CEO in Switzerland, sorry you likely won?t get to travel to those
Skills & Experience:
· Minimum 2 years experience in a similar role
· Strong ability to develop pages from concept to server push
· Experience at a web 2.0/e-commerce/web design company
· Experience in a start-up tech environment
· Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
· Detail oriented, able to grasp the subtleties of Web interface problems
· Strong ability to think in terms of the user's experience
· Applicable degree, HCI degree an asset
Are we talking about you? Send your resume to kerry.sedran at techbent.com - or
reply to this mail, bonus points if you send a sample(s) of your work.