[JOB] User Experience Architects - Chicago - Sears Holdings - FT
14 Jun 2009 - 7:26pm
6 years ago
User Experience Architects - incredible opportunity to improve the
online retail space. Check this out! - Chicago, IL
Sears Holdings is a $50 billion company and the nation's fourth largest
broadline retailer - we're looking to grow our Online Experience Design
practice and we need creative, passionate, and dedicated individuals to
join our group! The ideal candidate should be able to creatively
envision, evaluate, and design successful user experiences.
You will work with a team of 4-6 UXA's that take on new design
initiatives and platform enhancements across sears.com, kmart.com and
the associated portfolio of brand properties. You will be responsible
for conducting and analyzing research, gathering business requirements,
identifying technology constraints in order to synthesizing intelligent
and successful design solutions.
As an integral part of the Experience Design practice you will
collaborate closely with visual designers, front-end developers, and
business stakeholders on concept generation through final
implementation. This will include collaborating on new design concepts,
working on win/win solutions with primary stakeholders, consulting with
stakeholders on design enhancements, and working on small/mid-size
Your responsibilities will include making informed recommendations on
design strategies, leveraging best practices, accurately estimating and
tracking your time across multiple simultaneous projects, as well as
working with the UX staff to develop and document methodologies,
standards and best practices for the group.
Currently, we are interested in candidates with 3+ years of demonstrable
experience and who have had a background involving large scale web
initiatives. The ideal candidate will have exceptional analytical
skills, be well versed in user-centered design practices, and can turn
business and user requirements into elegant user interfaces and
compelling interactive experiences.
All candidates under consideration must be able to present a
* Deep understanding and skilled practice of user-centered
design, usability, information architecture, interaction design, and
* Experience and familiarity in the capabilities of HTML,
DHTML, CSS, Flash and AJAX-based applications.
* Excellent communication skills - in person, written and
* Ability to prioritize and track multiple tasks across
multiple projects, under tight deadlines.
* Willingness to switch gears quickly and be flexible to work
on concurrent projects.
* Ability to create clean, precise and detailed IA
* Collaborate with stakeholders to deliver on new business
initiatives and platform enhancements
* 3+ years experience working as an information architect,
interaction designer, or user experience designer.
* 3+ years experience in retail merchandising/marketing,
advertising, product development, e-commerce or related field.
* 3+ years experience with usability testing including
preparation, execution and analysis.
* Familiarity with current user experience and usability
research, theories, best practices and methodologies.
* Degree in a related field, such as information design,
human-computer interaction, library science, cognitive science, graphic
design, or industrial design a plus.
* Experience with Localization Issues and Web Accessibility
Standards a plus.
* Agency/Design Firm experience a big plus.
* A portfolio of your best recent work will be reviewed.