JOB: Sr. UX Designer, Plantronics, Santa Cruz, CA, Full Time
19 Jun 2009 - 11:16am
Senior User Experience (UX) Designer
Working at Plantronics gives you the rare opportunity to make a
difference and feel valued, respected and supported, both personally and
professionally. You'll find the ideal blend of a casual, fun, friendly
atmosphere with a strong commitment to the company's success.
Since 1961 Plantronics (NYSE: PLT) people have been bringing sound
innovation to the world. We design and manufacturer leading lightweight
communications headset products for consumer and business markets
worldwide. Our reputation for excellence is built on innovative
products, a people-centered workplace and strong ethics.
Headquartered in Santa Cruz, California, Plantronics and its Clarity and
Altec Lansing businesses have offices in 20 countries, including
facilities in Mexico, China, Hong Kong and Europe. Plantronics offers a
generous mix of health, financial and lifestyle benefits as well as
career development opportunities to its associates. Discover
PEOPLE - PLACE-PURPOSE-POTENTIAL
The Senior UX Designer will report to the VP of Corporate Design and
work directly with both the industrial design and software development
teams to develop our in house expertise in UX Design and be responsible
for the production of attractive, intuitive, user friendly interface
systems. This person will also collaborate with the design team on
conceptualization, developing design guidelines for our UX/GUI design
strategy and philosophy as well as the provide leadership in the
development of our standard UI on physical products for both Plantronics
and Altec Lansing.
* Communicate product features through simple intuitive graphic
* Create the architecture and logic for navigation systems that
are clean, attractive and user friendly.
* Ability to create simulation models to illustrate navigation
* Act as a liaison between software development and design teams.
* Work collaboratively with development and marketing teams.
* Provide design direction when working with external development
teams and consultants.
* Define expectations and deliverables when working with
consultants and accurately evaluate cost estimates on proposals.
* Demonstrate a high degree of proficiency and taste in developing
compelling graphic design languages.
* Participates in and contribute to design reviews.
* Ability to manage several projects at once.
* Be an effective communicator, present and get buy in on process
* 8+ years related work experience in Graphical User Interface
* Exceptional verbal and visual communication skills.
* Proven track record developing, delivering, and documenting
high-quality user interface designs for technically complex
* The ability to implement user interface design from concept to
* A proven record of creating product designs that meet business
needs, partner requirements, and user scenarios.
* Strong creative, conceptual, and problem-solving skills, plus
the strong communication and presentation skills necessary to
effectively present, explain, negotiate, and monitor design solutions.
* Highly competent in rich client GUI design (specifically
Microsoft Windows and Mac environments) as well as web GUI design (HTML,
* Strong analytical ability
* Highly sensitive to human behavior and interaction.
* Champion of simplicity.
* Hands on, sleeves rolled up and results oriented management
* Collaborative work style.
* Works on problems which are difficult and complex in nature.
Must apply critical analysis to navigation logic and arrive at solutions
* Expertise in Photoshop and Illustrator
* Experience in WinForms, Silverlight, ExpressionBlend, XCode and
InterfaceBuilder would be highly desired
* Ability to collaborate with multi disciplinary teams and manage
external consulting groups
* Degree in industrial design, graphic design, interactive design,
computer science, digital arts, or related discipline.
* 5+ years experience in depth user experience design
Plantronics is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail transmission, and any documents, files or previous e-mail messages attached to it, may contain information that is confidential and/or legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, or a person responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, please DO NOT disclose the contents to another person, store or copy the information in any medium, or use any of the information contained in or attached to this transmission for any purpose. If you have received this transmission in error, please immediately notify the sender by reply email or at mailto:privacy at plantronics.com, and destroy the original transmission and its attachments without reading or saving in any manner.