In general the design work for a UX designer at this client spans the entire gamut of product design.
Starting in the market and user research, software product concepts; functionality and Creative problem solving. the designer will evolve envisioned product to plan into an actual user interface.
An outline of the process which my client goes by is available upon request.
Obviously this spans a wide range of design skills, and my client expects the workers to work on several different types of design which is available within this outline.
So an interest and basic skills in all are required, but most often a designer excels in one skill set. For example great interaction design (structure and wireframe) or great visual design (layout, colors). My client will train people in the other skills on the job by working in multi-disciplinary teams.
- 5+ years experience in industry as a product planner, market researcher, or design researcher.
- BS, MS, MBA, or MDes. Agency/consulting background a plus.
- Resume of outstanding research for digital products of all kinds, from internet applications, consumer devices, mobile devices and enterprise applications. The applicant's role on each project should be clearly described. The resume should emphasize process work as well as final deliverables.
- Excellent, visual, verbal, written communication skills. Confident presentation style.
- Ability to think through complex analysis problem in a methodical and repeatable way.
- Mastery of analysis tools including Excel, SPSS.
- Demonstrable commitment to user centered design methods.
- Travel is involved; must be prepared to travel nationally and internationally as needed to conduct research programs. Frequency of travel is highly variable.
- All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States.