In general the design work for a UX designer at this client spans the entire gamut of product design.
Starting in the market and user research, software product concepts; functionality and Creative problem solving. the designer will evolve envisioned product to plan into an actual user interface.
An outline of the process which my client goes by is available upon request.
Obviously this spans a wide range of design skills, and my client expects the workers to work on several different types of design which is available within this outline.
So an interest and basic skills in all are required, but most often a designer excels in one skill set. For example great interaction design (structure and wireframe) or great visual design (layout, colors). My client will train people in the other skills on the job by working in multi-disciplinary teams.
* - 3+ years experience in industry as an interactive designer, interaction/user experience or digital product designer.
* - BA, or MA in industrial design, interaction design, graphic design or equivalent. Agency/consulting background a plus.
* - Portfolio of outstanding interaction design work for digital products of all kinds, from internet applications, consumer devices, mobile devices and enterprise applications. The applicants role on each sample should be clearly described on each piece. The portfolio should emphasize process work as well as final deliverables.
* - Excellent, visual, verbal, written communication skills.
* - Able to work well with minimal direction.
* - Outstanding problem solving skills, innovative solutions to user interaction problems. Able to understand existing interaction patterns and mechanisms both working within existing standards and defining new UX patterns and innovations.
* - Clear passion for technology, interest in technology products, technologies impact on society.
* - Natural ability to express concepts visually, solve problems visually, and think through complex challenges in a methodical way.
* - Mastery of Adobe tools, Illustrator, Photoshop, In design, Flash.
* - Demonstrable commitment to user centered design methods and research.
- All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States.